X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
    I have a U2-junkie friend that uploaded this to youtube:

[YOUTUBE]rhtuhcc9iGI[/YOUTUBE]

She claims the SLC concert was "the best of the 20 I've seen" (yes, she has the pictures to prove she has been to that many). However I stand by what I wrote to start this thread, Bono needs to hang it up. His voice is wasted and his stage presence has diminished significantly; I think I could sing a better "With or Without You" in the shower. U2 is coming to Seattle sometime in the immediate future (as is my friend)... I shan't be going.

cheers.
    He still sings pretty well, especially for his age. Keep in mind this song was at the end of the show after he'd pretty much left it all on the floor.

Another thing, name a band and with few exceptions I can rip their vocalists live performance apart. Precious few sing as well live as they do on Memorex. One of the reasons for this is the environment in which they are singing and the monitor systems employed so they can hear themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      If someone gave me free tix to the show in Seattle I would definitely go. In fact, I'd probably even pay a reasonable amount (<$50), even though I'm not a fan.
      Pay whatever it takes. It's a spectacle worth seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        If someone gave me free tix to the show in Seattle I would definitely go. In fact, I'd probably even pay a reasonable amount (<$50), even though I'm not a fan.
        Do it. I showed up w/out tix and picked up a great pair for sixty. Totally worth it.

Comment

• It was a good concert.

I wish they had done New Years Day. And I wish we had just bought seats because standing up for 5 hours in General Admission got old. I'm not a big fan of people pushing into you and having to sort of defend your space during a concert -- I forgot what a pain that is.

That "Claw" stage was incredible and would have been worth the admission price for almost any band.

Comment

• I enjoyed the concert. "Even Better Than The Real Thing" was a great opener, "All I Want is You" has always been one of my favorite U2 songs and it was great live and call me a chick but "With or Without You" live is wonderful. The Stage was unbelievable. I would pay forty bucks just to watch how they set it up and took it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              call me a chick but "With or Without You" live is wonderful.
              Hey, chick, you must not have heard SG sing it in his shower before.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Hey, chick, you must not have heard Space Ghost sing it in his shower before.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Hey, chick, you must not have heard SG sing it in his shower before.
                  Maybe I have but I like to keep that part of my life private.

Comment

• Does Bono still wear pants that go up to his bellybutton?
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                    X