Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been on the air as a caller to a national talk show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been on the air as a caller to a national talk show?

Have you ever been on the air as a caller to a national talk show?
    Yes
    30.77%
    No
    61.54%
    I've tried to, but didn't make it on the air.
    7.69%
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Does Delilah count? I made up a hearbreak story and got on the Delilah show when I was in high school. I used a twangy Wyomin' accent n' everthun.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 10-14-2009, 11:09 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Just local sports shows a few times for me.

Comment

I have called ESPN radio a couple of times, with Doug Gottlieb and Eric Kuselias, also once on Fox Sports with John Fricke.

I have always wanted to call Dan Patrick just to say a silly height and weight like "5'3" 375 pounds" "6'8" 125 pounds." If you ever hear something that silly, it may just be me!
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Years ago, I tried to get on Jim Rome but didn't get past the screener.

In the summer before my junior year at BYU I was a regular caller to the Power Hour with Helen Powers on KBER. I've called the Dayton Sports Scene on WING 1410 quite a few times, but I grew sick of Mark Neal and his non-AQ hate. I think their biggest mistake was dropping Craig Miller, who really balanced out Mark's extreme viewpoint.

A few months ago I started to listen to WONE 980's Mark "The Skipper" Schlemmer. He is an acquired taste, but I'm really starting to like him now. I've called him a couple of times and he's been fun to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post

In the summer before my junior year at BYU I was a regular caller to the Power Hour with Helen Powers on KBER. I've called the Dayton Sports Scene on WING 1410 quite a few times, but I grew sick of Mark Neal and his non-AQ hate. I think their biggest mistake was dropping Craig Miller, who really balanced out Mark's extreme viewpoint.

A few months ago I started to listen to WONE 980's Mark "The Skipper" Schlemmer. He is an acquired taste, but I'm really starting to like him now. I've called him a couple of times and he's been fun to talk to.

Do you listen to any of the Cleveland Area radio shows?? There is this guy who is from Cleveland that is on Columbus' 1230 The Zone who talks very fast like he is all drugged up on red bull... I think he goes by "The Brick"..

Comment

No, but I have had my email read on Jim Rome. Twice.

Rack him!
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Does Delilah count? I made up a hearbreak story and got on the Delilah show when I was in high school. I used a twangy Wyomin' accent n' everthun.
                Hey so did I, on Valentines Day. She asked how many times I've been in love, and I sighed and said "twenty six."

Comment

Twice with Rome before he was so huge ( I think Portland was one of his first affiliates). I was in Utah when the King and I show first started. I often listened that trainwreck at work. I won at least 15+ of their stupid trivia contests, but never once ventured into SLC for my free hotdog or Bees tickets.

Comment

I've been interviewed on tv. Does that count?
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      I've been interviewed on tv. Does that count?
                      Only if it was by Rusty the baliff.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        Do you listen to any of the Cleveland Area radio shows?? There is this guy who is from Cleveland that is on Columbus' 1230 The Zone who talks very fast like he is all drugged up on red bull... I think he goes by "The Brick"..
                        It's not Vick the Brick, is it? I think he's out of LA and is on the Chris Myers show. If not, I haven't heard him. I don't get the Columbus or Cinci stations very clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          Nope. I have always wanted to be on tv describing the sound of the tornado that hit my trailer park, but that would have its drawbacks. Like being in a tornado...and living in a trailer park.
                          sigpic
                          "Outlined against a blue, gray
                          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Rusty the Baliff never interviewed anybody. It was Doug Llewelyn.

And now I see the litigants for our next case are entering the courtroom....
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Proof that your takes suck.
                              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
                              X