No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air conditioning coming through the vents.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Ukelele Songs - Eddie Vedder
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Live at Sasquatch 2011 - Wilco

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Live at Sasquatch 2011 - Wilco
          Impossible Germany just came up. Seeing that song live was one of the great moments in my entire existence. I have no idea why they play it in the middle of the set, because there's no way to top it. If it were me, I would play it as the very last song in the show, because I have no idea where you go from there. When I saw Wilco with my dad and little bro a year or two ago, I told them that if I had written Impossible Germany, every time I got done playing it at a gig, I'd drop my guitar on the floor, raise my first in the air, and slowly walk off stage like I was Michael f$%#^&% Jordan after hitting a game-winning shot. They thought that was funny.

Comment

Impossible Germany just came up. Seeing that song live was one of the great moments in my entire existence. I have no idea why they play it in the middle of the set, because there's no way to top it. If it were me, I would play it as the very last song in the show, because I have no idea where you go from there. When I saw Wilco with my dad and little bro a year or two ago, I told them that if I had written Impossible Germany, every time I got done playing it at a gig, I'd drop my guitar on the floor, raise my first in the air, and slowly walk off stage like I was Michael f$%#^&% Jordan after hitting a game-winning shot. They thought that was funny.
            What's your interpretation on the song? Is it a lover's analog to the WWII allies and the dysfunction of their relationship? Is it a straight up love song? I can never decide.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              What's your interpretation on the song? Is it a lover's analog to the WWII allies and the dysfunction of their relationship? Is it a straight up love song? I can never decide.
              This sounds good.

Comment

• Suck It and See - Arctic Monkeys

Comment

This sounds good.
                  [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmI7SiLe4Vw"]YouTube - ‪Wilco-Impossible Germany-‬‏[/nomedia]
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh, trust me, of those 135,000 views, 134,000 of them are me.

(I know, youtube doesn't count that way )

Comment

Oh, trust me, of those 135,000 views, 134,000 of them are me.

(I know, youtube doesn't count that way )
                      Oh yeah, right, he talks about the lyrics there at the end. I honestly usually just replay that clip as soon as the song ends. I'm in it for Nels' guitar solo.

Comment

• Pablo Picasso - Modern Lovers

Comment

• In Rainbows - Radiohead

Comment

• Live in Rome 1980 - Talking Heads

Comment

• Harvest - neil young

Comment

• Urban Hymns - The Verve

Comment

Working...
                                X