The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slanted & Enchanted - Pavement
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Cosmogramma - Flying Lotus

Comment

• There was a nice little feature in Rolling Stone on some electronic acts. Some love for low-end LA scene guys like Flying Lotus and Nosaj Thing, dub-step acts like Burial and Kode 9, and the spaced out electro funk of Lindstrom and Prins Thomas.

Of course the bigger name acts like LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip also got shout outs, but it was greater to see some of these smaller names get some love from a major publication beyond the token record review.

If you have any inclination toward electronics, you should check out some of these names. And of course the classic stuff like Four Tet, Daft Punk, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Modeselektor, Justice, Apparat, and many others.

Comment

• Doggystyle- Snoop Doggy Dogg
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Take Me Through The Night - Michael Schenker Group
            This space is available.

Comment

• Astral Weeks - Van Morrison

Comment

• Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Aha Shake Heartbreak - Kings of Leon

Comment

• Echo-- The Morning Benders
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Aha Shake Heartbreak - Kings of Leon
                      Great album. I listened to it this past weekend, and was reminded how glad I am that I didn't listen to TripleVati and take it back before I opened it.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Incubus - Monuments and Melodies
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Aha Shake Heartbreak - Kings of Leon
                          I remember when Kings of Leon were good.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                            I remember when Kings of Leon were good.
                            Seriously. Three pretty great records and then blah. Though I've often wondered what this says about the American music listener. These dudes were huge in the UK regularly selling out large venues, while here they played small clubs and what not. Their MOR last record was a deliberate attempt to win over an American audience, and it worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Great album. I listened to it this past weekend, and was reminded how glad I am that I didn't listen to TripleVati and take it back before I opened it.
                              Triples is just a hater.

Comment

• American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem

Comment

Working...
                                X