The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesiac - Radiohead
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Toto - Toto
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Shotgun Innocence - Savatage
        This space is available.

Comment

• American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem

Comment

• One Life Stand - Hot Chip

Comment

• Siamese Dream-- Smashing Pumpkins
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Siamese Dream-- Smashing Pumpkins
                Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Thoughts?
                  ha ha ha. I'll post my initial impressions as soon as I digest it.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Siamese Dream-- Smashing Pumpkins
                    Still top 3-4 albums all time for my tastes.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Pisces Iscariot-- Smashing Pumpkins

Comment

• The Suburbs - Arcade Fire

Comment

• Brothers - The Black Keys

Comment

• I clearly don't share many of the same musical interests as most that post in this thread. If I posted frequently, the names that would come up would often be Maxwell, Keyshia Cole, Marvin Gaye, Robin Thicke, Mos Def, Common, Beastie Boys, and Tupac.

But I've got a few new names going on GrooveShark right now: Band of Horses, Rilo Kiley, and The Shins. First time listening to any of them. Albums or specific tracks I should pay attention to would be appreciated.

Comment

• Transference - Spoon

Comment

• BofH debut is their best (Everything All the Time) and strongest lineup of the three incarnations to date. That said, they're all pretty solid and agreeable.

Favorite Rilo Kiley record is probably The Execution of All Things (though I find most of their output pretty comparable -- generally a mixed bag), but I think I prefer Jenny's solo outings to any Rilo Kiley albums.

Oh, Inverted World is the Shins classic, and it's really good.

Also, just about everyone here listens to all the artists you listed above. I like them all minus Thicke, Cole and Maxwell. But I caution you from talking about Paul's Boutique -- Commando's woody might poke you in the eye!

Comment

Working...
                                X