No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't see any chatter on here about Murder Most Foul.

Set aside 16 minutes and listen. It's worth it.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      I'm listening to a Cheap Trick greatest hits compilation.

These guys made it, but they should have been even more popular than they were.
      I saw them in concert at the salt Palace when I was a teenager. I think they were the warm-up act for foreigner.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I visited an old old friend tonight. I hooked up an old stereo in the bathroom, put the speakers on the far end surround of the deep-soak Jacuzzi tub, laid back in the 114* water, and listened to Dark Side of the Moon in the dark.

Hearing Us and Them in the natural sequence of the album was really nice.... as was Gig in the Sky. Time was great too.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          I visited an old old friend tonight. I hooked up an old stereo in the bathroom, put the speakers on the far end surround of the deep-soak Jacuzzi tub, laid back in the 114* water, and listened to Dark Side of the Moon in the dark.

Hearing Us and Them in the natural sequence of the album was really nice.... as was Gig in the Sky. Time was great too.
          When I was a kid, I told him this song (Time) would hypnotize him, as he listened to the clock ticking in the intro. I had him lay down, close his eyes, completely relax, and set my speakers near his ears. Then I cranked the volume up right as the chimes went off and laughed so hard as he freaked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            I visited an old old friend tonight. I hooked up an old stereo in the bathroom, put the speakers on the far end surround of the deep-soak Jacuzzi tub, laid back in the 114* water, and listened to Dark Side of the Moon in the dark.

What did your friend think of it?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• For something to ease the COVID quarantine tension, might I recommend the Grateful Dead? I really know nothing about their music, but I've put their playlist on the last couple of days and they have some really good songs. Super easy to listen to.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• New Childish Gambino album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/600Cl...R5CKUU23_Zo8xg
                Last edited by UVACoug; 05-03-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• I didn't appreciate this back in the 90's anywhere near what it deserved. WOW.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• RTJ4 dropped ahead of schedule as per usual. It's a banger.

Here's one of the nice new tracks:

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      RTJ4 dropped ahead of schedule as per usual. It's a banger.

Here's one of the nice new tracks:

it most certainly slaps, as the kids say
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I've become obsessed with the Avett Brothers music. The 15-year old version of me is laughing so hard that I love a band that includes a banjo and a standup bass, but I just don't GAF, 15-year old, GM. You love Joe Arpaio, so you can STFU!!
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          I've become obsessed with the Avett Brothers music. The 15-year old version of me is laughing so hard that I love a band that includes a banjo and a standup bass, but I just don't GAF, 15-year old, GM. You love Joe Arpaio, so you can STFU!!
                          lol. Avett Bros. is amazing, and are also a great live act. Wuap was pretty obsessed with them a few years back, but he would tell you Rick Rubin ruined their music...

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            lol. Avett Bros. is amazing, and are also a great live act. Wuap was pretty obsessed with them a few years back, but he would tell you Rick Rubin ruined their music...

A few years back i.e. over a decade. I saw the fb post where a guy was pointing GM to the Avett bros stuff. I had to chuckle, as everything he was sharing with GM was from the AB's 2016 album.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

A few years back i.e. over a decade. I saw the fb post where a guy was pointing GM to the Avett bros stuff. I had to chuckle, as everything he was sharing with GM was from the AB's 2016 album.
                              So, I ordered an album from 2008 and 2016. Any suggestions on albums/songs I should buy?
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                So, I ordered an album from 2008 and 2016. Any suggestions on albums/songs I should buy?
                                A Spotify premium account.

Ok, that was snarky. Emotionalism (2007) and I and love and you (2009) are my favorite albums.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X