The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. And to think, it was free!
    I know I paid something for it. Like $6 or something. It's just funny, there was no way I was going to challenge my belief in the supremacy of OK Computer in 2007. Maybe now that I'm older I get the album in a way I didn't then. I liked it, but I didn't get the feels from it that I do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      I've been listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead a lot lately. I think I've finally come to terms that it's their best album. Almost perfection.
      Funny coincidence- I've picked A Moon Shaped Pool back up. That album is a [redacted], if you'll excuse the expression. It's so so so good but makes me profoundly melancholy.

In Rainbows is fantastic. I don't think I appreciated it even 1/5 the morning I downloaded it (definitely remember I paid 10 bucks for it even though I definitely didn't have money to throw around) as much as I do now. And of course I've spent $ on that album over and over and over since then on vinyls, Radiohead shows, etc.
      Last edited by Commando; 08-22-2019, 11:42 AM.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I know I paid something for it. Like $6 or something. It's just funny, there was no way I was going to challenge my belief in the supremacy of OK Computer in 2007. Maybe now that I'm older I get the album in a way I didn't then. I liked it, but I didn't get the feels from it that I do now.
        I ended up paying 10 for it, but only afterwards take it was 10 pounds, not dollars.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I've been listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead a lot lately. I think I've finally come to terms that it's their best album. Almost perfection.
          I remember downloading that because it was free.

It was on my ipod, and everyone once and a some terrible song would come on and I would look to see what that crap was. Invariably it was either In Rainbows or that Animal Collective shit that Mark Grace was jizzing in his pants about. I deleted them both and things got much better in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

It was on my ipod, and everyone once and a some terrible song would come on and I would look to see what that crap was. Invariably it was either In Rainbows or that Animal Collective shit that Mark Grace was jizzing in his pants about. I deleted them both and things got much better in the world.
            And now Donald Trump is president. Coincidence? Great job.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Funny coincidence- I've picked A Moon Shaped Pool back up. That album is a m*therf*ker, if you'll excuse the expression. It's so so so good but makes me profoundly melancholy.

In Rainbows is fantastic. I don't think I appreciated it even 1/5 the morning I downloaded it (definitely remember I paid 10 bucks for it even though I definitely didn't have money to throw around) as much as I do now. And of course I've spent $ on that album over and over and over since then on vinyls, Radiohead shows, etc.
              I agree about A Moon Shaped Pool. When you understand what was going on in Thom Yorke's life when that was being recording (Separating from his partner who then was diagnosed with cancer and was dying), it is an incredibly heartbreaking album. I know a lot of people were disappointed in how True Love Waits was finally recorded, but I think its perfect.

Comment

screen-shot-2017-09-20-at-10-29-32-am.jpg

Comment

I really liked that animal collective album. Still listen to it occasionally.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I just saw this spam on fb- where they have any and every kind of T shirt etc to match your 'likes.' I cracked up at the idea of giving Mark Grace the Pablo Honey one...

Last edited by Commando; 01-18-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm listening to some vintage southern rock.

How is it that all of these guys--The Allman Bros., 38 Special, Lynard Skynard, the Marshall Tucker Band, etc.--are superb musicians?

Also, how did I miss the southern rock influence on bands like Firehouse and Tesla? I must've been fooled by the hair.
                      Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 03-26-2019, 11:27 AM.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Listening to a Celtic Rock Band "The Killdares"

They were based out of Dallas and broke up in '16

I really like there version of "Whiskey in the Jar"

Last edited by happyone; 04-05-2019, 06:20 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Listening to Bruce Springsteens new album "Western Stars", it's really good.

Comment

• Some old Mr. Bungle.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              sturgill simpson is outstanding
                              Just started listening to him. Love it so much.

Comment

• Tool is finally on Spotify.

Comment

Working...
                                X