No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I downloaded some older albums I haven’t listened to for a long time for a recent road trip. It has been a lot of fun getting reacquainted with The Dead Milkmen’s Big Lizard in My Backyard.

Comment

• For us older guys - this girl can dance.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• I’ve been all over Alice In Chains lately, particularly “Man in the Box”. Love me some Layne Staley. Also have really enjoyed some Sufjam Stevens (7 Swans, Illinoise, Christmas Album. Also digging on Beach House’s “Teen Dream”. Have enjoyed some 70s lite rock as well (Carpenters, Bread). Oh yeah, and some Harry Nilsson.

What’s up Mark Grace!
        "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
        -John Heisman

Comment

• Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
          What’s up Mark Grace!
          Who's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            32 years later these lyrics are even more correct than they were in 1986... just spot on. Without looking... do you know the song?

They sell us the president the same way
            They sell us our clothes and our cars.
            They sell us everything from youth to religion
            The same time they sell us our wars.
            This sounded familiar to me so I had to look it up. When I was in high school during the mid 90s, I worked on a farm with an aging hippie who loved Jackson Browne. He listened to this album a lot while talking about conspiracy theories. I thought it was an awful album and I kind of still do. Its amazing that the same person who wrote this song at 16 also wrote Lives in the Balance.

Comment

• Janes Addiction tonight, as well as some Toro Y Moi and a little Oasis.
              "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
              -John Heisman

Comment

• If you enjoy 'mild' bluegrass, try out The Steel Wheels. They are a solid band with a more contemporary sound, if that's the right word. We saw them in concert last month and I can't stop listening to them. If you like these 2 songs, you'll like the rest:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• I've been on a The National kick. Such a good band.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      I've been on a The National kick. Such a good band.
                      You've been on a blood buzz.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've been listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead a lot lately. I think I've finally come to terms that it's their best album. Almost perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          I've been listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead a lot lately. I think I've finally come to terms that it's their best album. Almost perfection.
                          yes!!
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I've been listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead a lot lately. I think I've finally come to terms that it's their best album. Almost perfection.
                            https://youtu.be/Xq_a8f24UJI
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              Ha, I've actually been watching clips of that on Apple Music tonight. At the top of their game.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. And to think, it was free!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X