Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, my name is Eddie Jones

How did you find CUF?
    I saw the ad while reading an article on O magazine.

What do you like about CUF?
    PortlandUte posts here and I’m a sucker for unintentional comedy

What don't I like about CUF?
    I don’t know. I’ve only checked it out for a couple days. Maybe I don’t like the abbreviation CUF. Sounds kind of vulgar in a backwards sort of way and I’m not a big fan of vulgarity.

How did you choose your moniker?
    Favorite basketball player during the late 90s early 00s. It’s a different moniker from CB.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
    I work and raise kids and attend church and church activities. When I get time I like to barbecue, like real barbecue, like smoking briskets and pork butt for hours upon hours. Oh, and I make the best burgers in town.

How many States have you lived in?
    Three or four depends on how you count it. Utah, Iowa/Illinois, Texas.

What are your sports loyalties?
    BYU, I attend any game within a days driving distance.

What's your standing in the church?
    I do my home teaching and actual volunteer for service opportunities (infer whatever you want from that).

Do you pee in the sink?
    I’m not tall enough to accomplish this feat. Does the person who wrote these questions live in a midget house?

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
    I’m just trying to get them baptized first. I’ll worry about drugs later.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    Not as much as I’m looking forward to his response to my answer. Please please please can we be good friends?

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    I get my creepiness from my mom. I’ve been lurking for a couple days. I spent time on CB but tend to get tired of the fanaticism of girls from Australia and I was looking for a more “mature” board where threads don’t fall off the face of the earth after 5 minutes. Plus I heard PAC and DDD were here. DDD was my favorite posted on CB after Lakers wins (yes I’m a Laker fan if you didn’t already get that from my moniker).
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

A couple of comments/questions

1. Peeing in the sink - it's all about trajectory

2. Since you did a slash with Iowa/Illinois, I take it you lived in the Quad Cities area?
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Welcome. I am glad you are here.

Comment

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4907556

Comment

Welcome sir. So you know this is the prolific thread on CUF:

Lakers
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Welcome sir. So you know this is the prolific thread on CUF:

Lakers
            Wow, 69 pages of Laker love. I'm going to enjoy reading that. I think I just found a home.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This is not a good start, Eddie.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this is like moving to a new school and immediately sucking up to the troublemakers and juvenile delinquents.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                A couple of comments/questions

1. Peeing in the sink - it's all about trajectory

2. Since you did a slash with Iowa/Illinois, I take it you lived in the Quad Cities area?
                Lived in Bettendorf, worked in East Moline. Not my favorite place in the world but good people live there. My favorite part of my time there (other than winning free Fazolis spaghetti at a Steamwheelers game - minor league arena football) was that the bishop would always wear a light blue shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                  Wow, 69 pages of Laker love. I'm going to enjoy reading that. I think I just found a home.
                  Welcome, but I'm really worried about your judgement

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Welcome, and thank you for using the pellegrino-approved, TheBYUGuy-adapted template for your intro.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                      Welcome, and thank you for using the pellegrino-approved, TheBYUGuy-adapted template for your intro.
                      regardless of who adapts it, it all started with pellegrino, the inventor of the pellegrino-approved introduction template.

Welcome Eddie, I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself.
                      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                        regardless of who adapts it, it all started with pellegrino, the inventor of the pellegrino-approved introduction template.

Welcome Eddie, I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself.
                        Since I introduced myself bpat, should I go back and use it?

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          Since I introduced myself bpat, should I go back and use it?
                          We all have our moral agency, who am I to tell you how to use it?
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Welcome, Eddie, and I'm pleased you were looking for me. I only hope you are not one of my many creditors.

And admiring DDD for his Laker love is like admiring BYU71 because he reeks of BenGay. These are not their greatest attributes by any means, but we love them for other reasons.

Comment

Eddie Jones........welcome.

Now go and get Nick Van Exel to partake......
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X