Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1074

Thread: I don't really know how to introduce this

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The bespectacled chap making chase is a nice touch.
    That's Chuck Schumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Is the artist Uncle Ted?
    Please.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Heisman Trump is my favorite McNaughton. Also, as I've said before, I think McNaughton is in on the joke and I think Heisman Trump strongly indicates that. There's no way that guy painted it with a straight face. The painting is hilarious, I can absolutely see someone hanging this thing up as a joke.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Heisman Trump is my favorite McNaughton. Also, as I've said before, I think McNaughton is in on the joke and I think Heisman Trump strongly indicates that. There's no way that guy painted it with a straight face. The painting is hilarious, I can absolutely see someone hanging this thing up as a joke.
    you obviously don't read cougarboard often enough. there are hundreds of posters there, who, given a paint brush, could and would absolutely paint something like that with a straight face. i'm not going to put it past mcnaughton.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I've actually considered getting one for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I can’t figure out who the guy in the back right might be.

It looks like Larry David. Would he be dumb enough to have Bernie Sanders on the left and Larry David on the right? Was wondering if the guy in the back near the ref could be Alec Baldwin.

I’m spending too much time thinking about this clearly.
    Looks to me like Woody Allen... with the black glasses and all.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Hilarious. But wrong thread?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yes
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I'll be the first to agree that there's a TON of government waste in the way we budget and spend. However, just because we can't properly document the financial transactions doesn't mean they were wasted. We have years of doing business the wrong way to overcome. In the DoD, that's a lot of inertia to overcome. We're working with imperfect systems to come into compliance with the requirement for 100% auditability. It's remarkable how far we've come in such a short time. I'll have to dig into the audit results deeper, to better understand what it all means, but I doubt we're at the level of waste to fund anything close to universal healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I'll be the first to agree that there's a TON of government waste in the way we budget and spend. However, just because we can't properly document the financial transactions doesn't mean they were wasted. We have years of doing business the wrong way to overcome. In the DoD, that's a lot of inertia to overcome. We're working with imperfect systems to come into compliance with the requirement for 100% auditability. It's remarkable how far we've come in such a short time. I'll have to dig into the audit results deeper, to better understand what it all means, but I doubt we're at the level of waste to fund anything close to universal healthcare.
    That whole 21T waste number is ludicrous. Given that the annual DOD budget is around 600B, and even if you assume that half of that annual budget is lost in accounting or acquisitional waste (which is nowhere near possible) it would take over 60 years to accumulate 21 Trillion in lost/wasted funds. So anyone proposing this 21T be used to finance ANYTHING is either very dumb or lying. Or maybe I am racist.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    That whole 21T waste number is ludicrous. Given that the annual DOD budget is around 600B, and even if you assume that half of that annual budget is lost in accounting or acquisitional waste (which is nowhere near possible) it would take over 60 years to accumulate 21 Trillion in lost/wasted funds. So anyone proposing this 21T be used to finance ANYTHING is either very dumb or lying. Or maybe I am racist.
    Very dumb and lying is the most likely conclusion.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Very dumb and lying is the most likely conclusion.
    Tbf, this does not preclude racism.

Princeps Inter Pares

Not if he didn’t know how to introduce it.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Yes. I'll take some of that please. Right into my vein:

national-emergency-web1.jpg

That. Is. Awesome.

Is Trump praying to the dolly on the ground?

Is that supposed to be Obama holding the UN flag? It sure doesn't look like António Guterres.

Is that AOC in the back?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Is that AOC in the back?
    I think AOC is the second face on Chuck Schumer's left. Not sure who the first face on Schumer's left is...

Looks like Kamala Harris is holding the California flag behind Pelosi.

Is that AOC in the back?
    Looks like he had to photoshop her in.

And true to form, the black villains are on the back row.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

IS Hillary holding the Iranian flag? She has not aged well.

Best guess, from left to right:

Bernie, Warren, the three female Justice Dems... AOC, Tlaib, and Omar... Schumer, Schiff, Pelosi, Waters (holding CA flag), Clinton(?), Obama(?)
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Bernie, Warren, the three female Justice Dems... AOC, Tlaib, and Omar... Schumer, Schiff, Pelosi, Waters (holding CA flag), Clinton(?), Obama(?)
    Yeah, I think you're right. The CA flag holder is Waters, not Kamala Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

That's def Obama. And I think you are right about MAxine Waters; it's not Kamala. But if that's Killary, I just don't think that this guy is a very good artist.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    That. Is. Awesome.

Is Trump praying to the dolly on the ground?
    I think he's checking out a hangnail on his thumb.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I think you guys got all the actors right.

Here's Jon explaining all the nuances and subtleness of his masterpiece:

Default I don't really know how to introduce this

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    That's def Obama. And I think you are right about MAxine Waters; it's not Kamala. But if that's Killary, I just don't think that this guy is a very good artist.
    If he was a decent artist, Trump’s tie would be an accurate three inches longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 03-08-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Perhaps the most egregious mischaracterization in that kitschy mess is the portrayal of Trump as being contemplative, prayerful and humble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    If he was a decent artist, Trump’s tie would be an accurate three hour inches longer.
    He's getting closer on the weight, though. He got the double chin, ill-fitting trousers that have to sit below his gut, and the white rings around his peepers.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"