No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an idiot for thinking this was a playoff team. Bad, bad loss.

Comment

• While we are worrying about GS being too bad, Jazz tie them up in they loss column.
      But this is probably just me being stupid again. GS is among worst in the league and Jazz are a sure fire play-off team. (Hater, that was for you).
      Last edited by Jacob; 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        While we are worrying about GS not being bad enough, Jazz tie them up in they loss column.
        But this is probably just me being stupid again. GS is among worst in the league and Jazz are a sure fire play-off team. (Hater, that was for you).
        aren't we worried about GS being too bad?
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• If we dont trade Sap or Jefferson, I will be pissed.

Comment

• I will admit to fully thinking the fools gold was actual gold. Oh well, January was fun.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              aren't we worried about GS being too bad?
              Oops. That's what I meant. Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this changes the franchise gameplan for the season. AS break coming up, deadline looming, and all GM's will be together for the weekend. Should be a lot of talk on the Jazz end.
                I don't think it made the Jazz decision for them, but I think this loss will stick in their heads. This team is now 15-17 with a bad streak going on for the past 15 games. Kanter has proved capable...Burks has proved as a bit of a surprise to contribute so quickly...Favors has proved more than capable...the Jazz are not winning with their veterans (Al, Milsap and Devin). I don't know how you don't make a change right now.

I don't see this Jazz team making the playoffs. So if that is the case, you need to make some changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                  I don't think it made the Jazz decision for them, but I think this loss will stick in their heads. This team is now 15-17 with a bad streak going on for the past 15 games. Kanter has proved capable...Burks has proved as a bit of a surprise to contribute so quickly...Favors has proved more than capable...the Jazz are not winning with their veterans (Al, Milsap and Devin). I don't know how you don't make a change right now.
                  I don't see this Jazz team making the playoffs. So if that is the case, you need to make some changes.
                  Absolutely.

Miles and either Sap or Jefferson, probably Harris, in return for a PG. You free up minutes for the bigs and Burks/Hayward and fill a need. Easier said than done, perhaps, but that's what needs to happen.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Absolutely.

Miles and either Sap or Jefferson, probably Harris, in return for a PG. You free up minutes for the bigs and Burks/Hayward and fill a need. Easier said than done, perhaps, but that's what needs to happen.
                    But miles, harris, etc. just need another year of experience and THEN they will be all stars.

Signed, Jazz management for the past 5 years.

Comment

I don't know how you don't make a change right now.
                      I would agree, but I've been watching the NBA and the Jazz for a long time, so I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        But miles, harris, etc. just need another year of experience and THEN they will be all stars.

Signed, Jazz management for the past 5 years.
                        I may be the only guy around that does not have a problem with CJ Miles. He makes $3.7 million a year. I am happy with him as a backup. I think him playing 15-20 minutes a game as a backup is terrific. But he is playing starter minutes--this may be because Corbin doesn't feel like Hayward or Burks should not take minutes from him. That is another argument and a valid one on whether or not Corbin should be playing him as much as he does. But if he was limited to 15 minutes or so a game, I have no prob with keeping him around.

Devin just does not fit the Jazz style for whatever reason.

Comment

I would agree, but I've been watching the NBA and the Jazz for a long time, so I'm not holding my breath.
                          Yep. I agree 100% with utestar, but would be surprised if the Jazz actually do something.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

I may be the only guy around that does not have a problem with CJ Miles. He makes $3.7 million a year. I am happy with him as a backup..
                            Have you had a chance to review his stats over the past 3 years? He is currently shooting 38% and 26% from two and three. Is it his defense you are fond of?

Comment

Have you had a chance to review his stats over the past 3 years? He is currently shooting 38% and 26% from two and three. Is it his defense you are fond of?
                              As a backup who can get hot, I don't have a problem with him. I think his minutes can be adjusted depending on how he plays. I am more than happy to include him in a trade if it helps get it done...but there are A LOT worse options out there on the market for a backup shooting guard.

Now with that said, I am no fan of how much Corbin or Jerry played him. He does not deserve starter minutes. His salary suggests a backup and I think his play does too.

Comment

And beyond his awfulness, my biggest issue with CJ is what I chalk up to his familiarity with the staff and system. CJ sucks, but CJ is a known commodity. And so that means he gets default minutes. If Burks or Hayward show signs of struggling, Corbin defaults to CJ. If CJ has a good game, his minutes go up. When CJ gets in the game, the offense is immediately directed to him and through him for multiple possessions even though his production does absolutely nothing to justify it.

At least when Bell is on the court he stands on the 3pt line on offense and tries to play defense on the other end. He's a far better teammate to have playing on the court with the young kids, but it doesn't happen enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X