"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    You're thinking of Tony Wroten. Also, without any sure bets among PGS, I think Scott Machado of Iona has to be a serious consideration in the middle of the first round. He's still averaging 10+ assists (when was the last time that happened for a division 1 college player? ever?) and shooting the ball well from the field and from distance. Competition is an issue at a school like Iona, but since everybody else has major negatives as well, I say why not.
    And there's still the possibility that two with avg 10 apg.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ndall-marshall
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      And there's still the possibility that two with avg 10 apg.
      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ndall-marshall
      I'd assumed he'd fallen off the pace pretty drastically the last couple weeks. But yeah, at 9.5, it's certainly a strong possibility.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• 8. Alec Burks

Coming into the season, Burks was touted as a talented offensive player who struggled on defense. Burks' offense has been average so far this season, but he earned his first ranking here because of his defense. According to Synergy Sports, Burks has been holding the players he guards to 0.717 points per possession. That places him in the top 16 percent of all NBA players. Burks is particularly adept at chasing defenders around screens away from the basketball. In these situations, Burks holds opponents to 0.583 points per possession on 33.3 percent shooting. He uses his speed and size to stick close to his man and challenge shots. It has been impressive to watch Burks commit himself on defense, especially after being criticized before the draft for a lack of effort defensively. If his offense picks up, Burks should become a mainstay in these rankings.
        http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...cky-rubio-more

Comment

• No Al. Favors: step it up. Harris active early.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Harris is getting to the rim... Love it.

Comment

• That is an allyfuckinoop! Harris playing with passion for the first time this season.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                That is an allyfuckinoop! Harris playing with passion for the first time this season.
                He truly is... that was a great diving steal right there.

Comment

• Damn, maybe the Jazz are actually decent this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Damn, maybe the Jazz are actually decent this season.
                    I will wait until late March to make a definitive statement but no doubt they are making the most of an easier schedule. After game 1 I feared they might be the worst team in the league and I can safely say they are not close to that bad 16 games into the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      Damn, maybe the Jazz are actually decent this season.
                      Nevermind.

Comment

• Jazz second team getting absolutely torched. Big lead that the first team built has evaporated. Josh Howard is trying desperately to take over. Failing miserably.

Comment

• Where is Al tonight?

Comment

• CJ apparently doesn't know that you can't rebound your own airball.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Where is Al tonight?
                              Swollen ankle or some such.

Comment

• Dang, Burks got pulled quick. What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X