"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
    If we were a had a halfway decent team in this leaguecoach, we would be tied or leading, the Lakers aren't even really playing that good.
    Fixed.

What is Jeff Van Gundy doing these days?

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    On pace for 60. Absolutely not a shooter on this team right now. Burks plays almost no minutes, Evans not at all. It's a brave new Jazz world.
    :surprise:
    Last edited by SloanHater; 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      On pace for 60. Absolutely not a shooter on this team right now. Burks plays almost no minutes, Evans not at all. It's a brave new Jazz world.
      Tyron Corbin is a moran. Ugh. 8 minutes left in the game, down by 25 and 31 year old Josh Howard is out there while Burks and Hayward sit on the bench.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• We should see if John Starks is available. Maybe Hornacek? Steve Kerr?
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Tyron Corbin is a moran. Ugh. 8 minutes left in the game, down by 25 and 31 year old Josh Howard is out there while Burks and Hayward sit on the bench.
          I'm not seeing a method yet, that's for sure.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Mike Brown's a clown, Kobe needs to be resting when you're up 25, Mike.

Comment

• Best options to replace Corbin:

1. Jeff Van Gundy
              2. Bill Laimbeer
              3. Any College Coach
              4. Any High School Coach
              5. Jerry Sloan

Comment

• I'm excited with CJ's potential.

Comment

• Hard to get too upset as I hardly recognize this team, from the coach on down. Oh well.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Hard to get too upset as I hardly recognize this team, from the coach on down. Oh well.
                    This team has no identity, and it starts with the coach. What the hell is Corbin doing out there? Who is the leader of this team? Is anyone going to show emotion?

Comment

• Been saying it since last year, Jazz need to lose and lose some more, they need a top 5 pick this year and probably a top 10 pick next year to get anywhere near the talent they need to be a decent team eventually. Jefferson and Millsap should be offloaded if at all possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                        This team has no identity, and it starts with the coach. What the hell is Corbin doing out there? Who is the leader of this team? Is anyone going to show emotion?
                        I hope Hayward can grow into that leader. Favors continues to struggle with fouls, pgs/sgs continue to struggle with shooting, and Al continues to struggle with his tampon.

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                            And I'm accused of not following the nba?

I think the East became a better conference when the Bulls, Magic, Heat, Knicks, Celtics, and Hawks acquired more talent than the Mavs, Thunder, Lakers, and ....

I'd put Minnesota, Phoenix, and Houston up against your terrible three and expect them to lose every time. I won't be surprised if the 5th seed in the West is barely above .500.
                            Lol. Didn't you just predict the Jazz win more than half their games this year?

Comment

• Eh. I think the template for this team was set in the preseason. They're going to look absolutely awful half the time, and they'll look fairly competent the other half. And that's just the way it's going to go given their youth and lack of experience together even amongst the guys that are more veteran. The shortened season is going to absolutely kill a team like the Jazz, who have a (mostly) rookie coach trying to incorporate a wholesale change in defensive philosophy; two first-time starters; two rookies they're trying to work into the rotation; a bunch of other guys that have no experience playing together; etc. Training camp and a regular preseason is a lot to miss for a team in the Jazz position.

But oh well. I said before that I'd rather see some season than nothing at all, because these years are too critical in terms of development for Favors, Hayward, Kanter and Burks to miss altogether. Even if the team is totally lost and completely clueless, I'll take the bumpy ride as opposed to them sitting at home for a year. The shitty thing with nights like tonight is that you'd like to have some positive takeaways, and there's not really any to be had here. And I'm also pretty disappointed to see Favors at 19 mins and Burks at 6.

Onto the next one. Hopefully they look better tomorrow night.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                Lol. Didn't you just predict the Jazz win more than half their games this year?
                                I did and they will.

Even Corbin can't get in the way of the Jazz playing half their games at home. This young team will look completely different in the Delta.

The most intriguing take away from last night, at least for me, is to watch Harris and Corbin interact, or not interact. Harris looks frustrated with Corbin and/or the Jazz.

Comment

Working...
                                X