"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    You guys just aren't very good at predictions.

It's a yes or no question!
    Yes. Since he doesn't even have to attempt one to claim the record.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

You guys just aren't very good at predictions.

It's a yes or no question!
      Don't be angry. Just because we are talking about the qualifications and ignoring your question doesn't mean we don't understand it. BTW, yes is the answer to your question.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• I don't know how many he'd have to miss over the next 8 games to fall behind Kerr. Somebody crunch the math for me and then i'll make my prediction. Unlike SU, I don't throw out predictions willy-nilly and then brag about the ones I get right. I'm much more like ex-ute in that I like to only make 'predictions' that have a 70% chance or better of being right.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Yes. Since he doesn't even have to attempt one to claim the record.
          If he doesn't attempt another one, he won't get the record.

But I went with yes as well.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

If he doesn't attempt another one, he won't get the record.

But I went with yes as well.
            Isn't he sitting ahead of Kerr right now? He's already attempted requisite amount.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Isn't he sitting ahead of Kerr right now? He's already attempted requisite amount.
              He's ahead right now because he's on pace for 55 makes. If he doesn't attempt another one before the end of the season, he doesn't get to 55 (which is the minimum to qualify).

Or did I read Blue's rule wrong?

Comment

He's ahead right now because he's on pace for 55 makes. If he doesn't attempt another one before the end of the season, he doesn't get to 55 (which is the minimum to qualify).

I think I understood it wrong.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

I think its 55 attempts. It wouldn't make sense to just a percentage by the number of makes.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It's 55 makes. So Kal-El needs to make 3 more to be elligible by season's end.

What's Kerr's record?

EDIT: Just looked it up: .524 (89/170) is Kerr's record. Kal El is sitting at 52/93. So the worst he could do and still set the record is 3 for 8.

I say he gets it.
                    Last edited by Donuthole; 03-29-2010, 02:49 PM.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Kerr's record is 52.4% (89/170).

Comment

• Is 44 points in the first quarter good?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Is 44 points in the first quarter good?
                          Is 20 in the 2nd quarter bad?

These guys are all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            In other news, I'm kind of digging Ekpe Udoh these days - I have some concerns, but he reminds me of Len Bias a little bit. Probably a dead man's Bias, but with his motor, athleticism, size and shooting stroke, he has some of those same abilities.
                            Yeah, I was feeling that, too as I watced Baylor-Duke yesterday. He's definitely an undersized NBA center, but it would sure be nice to have a shot blocker like that patrolling the paint. Such a quick leaper, too.

Comment

• Why does it seem like Harrington has a career game every time we play against him?

Comment

• Jazz really struggling defensively. Time to put this joke of a team away!

Comment

Working...
                                X