"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay Drew
    NBA Utah Jazz (Utah_Jazz): announcement coming tonight...
    Such a tease, that Jay. 10 to 1 it's something completely inane like a new ticket package.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
      Such a tease, that Jay. 10 to 1 it's something completely inane like a new ticket package.
      This has got to be about Harpring, doesn't it? Either he's retiring, or he's playing the roided up Jason Bourne in the next installment. Or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senioritis View Post
        This has got to be about Harpring, doesn't it? Either he's retiring, or he's playing the roided up Jason Bourne in the next installment. Or both.
        I'd take either announcement as a positive.

Comment

• Any word on the announcement? I've been waiting on pins and needles all day.

Comment

• The coaching situation with Jeff Hornacek is kind of odd. It seems like he's the only one who can really get through to Andrei, but where is this going? How long do they need to keep employing a special coach for one player who will likely never develop a consistent outside shot? He's been at it for a couple years now. Mind you, I'm not complaining. Just observing.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              The coaching situation with Jeff Hornacek is kind of odd. It seems like he's the only one who can really get through to Andrei, but where is this going? How long do they need to keep employing a special coach for one player who will likely never develop a consistent outside shot? He's been at it for a couple years now. Mind you, I'm not complaining. Just observing.
              I don't think the "on again, off again" nature of the coaching is helping. Should be more permanent if its going to help Andrei.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I think it lasts until they bring him on full time. I think it is only a matter of time and now that Hornys kids are older, and Sloan and PJ are one year closer to retirement, it is becoming more of a reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  Any word on the announcement? I've been waiting on pins and needles all day.
                  I guess the big announcement was that Horny is back. Anything to get the fans excited I guess.
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    I guess the big announcement was that Horny is back. Anything to get the fans excited I guess.
                    Seriously? I mean, that's exciting and all. But that was it?

Comment

• Big preseason game tonight against the Blazers. Go Jazz!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        What Jazz fan doesn't like Horny? I think mosT would like him around more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          What Jazz fan doesn't like Horny? I think mosT would like him around more.
                          An honest-to-goodness deep threat from the 2-3 spot, good for 14 points per game, and good at getting to the line.

I miss that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                            An honest-to-goodness deep threat from the 2-3 spot, good for 14 points per game, and good at getting to the line.

I miss that guy.
                            Good at getting to the line? He averaged about 3 to 4 FT attempts per game during his time with the Jazz. He was an excellent shooter and a good scorer, but his game stopped there. Didn't play a lick of defense, couldn't get to the line and is on Jerry Stackhouse's list of assault victims.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Good at getting to the line? He averaged about 3 to 4 FT attempts per game during his time with the Jazz. He was an excellent shooter and a good scorer, but his game stopped there. Didn't play a lick of defense, couldn't get to the line and is on Jerry Stackhouse's list of assault victims.
                              Dude was a phenomenal passer. Assist ratios with the Jazz:

By comparison, Ronnie Brewer with the Jazz:

CJ Miles:

Horny's passing would blow away everyone on the current roster save Deron (including AK, who is a very good passer).
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                Fair points. At least he hit his free throws when he got to the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X