Page 637 of 637 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637
Results 19,081 to 19,106 of 19106

Thread: "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    What was Rodney Hood like of the Jazz? I honestly have no idea - I know he got minutes, but can't recall him much about his game. Lots of reports coming out today, that he refused to go into the game last night when the Cavs were up 20. I hate (but expect) this kind of behavior from a washed up former superstar like Carmelo or Dwight Howard, but Hood doing something like this on a team that should make it to the Finals, is very bizarre.
    about the same
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

What was Rodney Hood like of the Jazz? I honestly have no idea - I know he got minutes, but can't recall him much about his game. Lots of reports coming out today, that he refused to go into the game last night when the Cavs were up 20. I hate (but expect) this kind of behavior from a washed up former superstar like Carmelo or Dwight Howard, but Hood doing something like this on a team that should make it to the Finals, is very bizarre.
    Seems like he'd have a game where he'd shoot great and go off for a bunch of points, getting everyone excited, and then he'd disappear for a couple of games. Then he'd have an average game. Then he'd go off again, hitting every shot. Then he'd disappear for a few games again.

What was Rodney Hood like with the Jazz? I honestly have no idea. I know he got minutes, but can't recall much about his game. Lots of reports coming out today, that he refused to go into the game last night when the Cavs were up 20. I hate (but expect) this kind of behavior from a washed up former superstar like Carmelo or Dwight Howard; Hood doing something like this on a team that should make it to the Finals, is very bizarre.
    lol what?? I was getting lots of praise for being such a steal in the draft- (like 14th pick of the 2nd round or something?) because he was a contributor and could score. If the faint praise he got for that went to his head then lol @ Rodney Hood. He should be savoring every second in the NBA when dudes like Jimmer that could bust his ass aren't in the NBA.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol what?? I was getting lots of praise for being such a steal in the draft- (like 14th pick of the 2nd round or something?) because he was a contributor and could score. If the faint praise he got for that went to his head then lol @ Rodney Hood. He should be savoring every second in the NBA when dudes like Jimmer that could bust his ass aren't in the NBA.
    Hood was a late first rounder, though he did slip past where many expected him to go.

He struck me as a very talented player who didn’t quite want to put in the work to get better. He had a very good rookie season, but he didn’t come back in year 2 with any noticeable improvements in his game. Same in year 3. Sure, his stats were better because he was getting more PT, but his skill set was not expanding.

He had every opportunity to step up this year and fill the void left by #ranawayward, but he didn’t. Mitchell made him readily expendable.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Hood was a late first rounder, though he did slip past where many expected him to go.

He struck me as a very talented player who didn’t quite want to put in the work to get better. He had a very good rookie season, but he didn’t come back in year 2 with any noticeable improvements in his game. Same in year 3. Sure, his stats were better because he was getting more PT, but his skill set was not expanding.

He had every opportunity to step up this year and fill the void left by #ranawayward, but he didn’t. Mitchell made him readily expendable.

Yeah, I think Hood was always a guy with limited upside due to his physical abilities, so I'm not sure how much of this is "Hood didn't work" and "Hood just isn't capable" of being more than what he is.

In fact, his 3P% went from 36.5% @ 3.4 per game as a rookie, dipped with increased usage his second year (35.9% @ 5.7 attempts per) and then increased on similar usage to 37.1% and then 38.9% on 6.7 attempts per game. So he's probably worked at that. The challenge is, he's a negative defender and doesn't do anything close to "well" besides shooting the 3.

Hood did seem a lot like CJ Miles to me - when he was on, everything was clicking. When he was off, which was more often than not, it's a double negative because he's not a good defender, and he can't hit the 3 and doesn't bring much else.

Hood will get a shot - somewhere - because guys who shoot 38%+ from the 3 have value. But he sort of is what he is, and I don't think he'll ever really be "the guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Yeah, I think Hood was always a guy with limited upside due to his physical abilities, so I'm not sure how much of this is "Hood didn't work" and "Hood just isn't capable" of being more than what he is.

In fact, his 3P% went from 36.5% @ 3.4 per game as a rookie, dipped with increased usage his second year (35.9% @ 5.7 attempts per) and then increased on similar usage to 37.1% and then 38.9% on 6.7 attempts per game. So he's probably worked at that. The challenge is, he's a negative defender and doesn't do anything close to "well" besides shooting the 3.

Hood did seem a lot like CJ Miles to me - when he was on, everything was clicking. When he was off, which was more often than not, it's a double negative because he's not a good defender, and he can't hit the 3 and doesn't bring much else.

Hood will get a shot - somewhere - because guys who shoot 38%+ from the 3 have value. But he sort of is what he is, and I don't think he'll ever really be "the guy".
    I haven't watched a ton of eastern conference b-ball in the last few years, and was shocked when I found out the CJ Miles playing for Toronto was the same CJ Miles that was drafted out of high school by the Jazz.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I haven't watched a ton of eastern conference b-ball in the last few years, and was shocked when I found out the CJ Miles playing for Toronto was the same CJ Miles that was drafted out of high school by the Jazz.
    Did you think it was the... uh... "other" CJ Miles?

Not exactly an uncommon name. Based on his play in Utah, I figured he was out of the league.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

The Jason Terry phenomenon. I don't pay a lot of attention to the nba other than the Blazers until March. Every year, I'm watching some random game, and mutter to myself, "Holy Sh** the Turtle is still in the league.... and getting PT on a contender".

Tie game with the quarter winding down and the Jazz let Chris Paul torch them for 3 3's in a row. Uggh.

Edit: I guess the last one was Tucker, I was too busy being pissed at mitchell passing up a wide open three to pass the ball to Neto, so he could miss a three.
    Last edited by LiveCoug; 05-08-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Hanging in there, despite Neto apparently playing with a green light.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Neto needs to go kill himself at halftime. And championship teams do exactly what Chris Paul has done several times in this series: close out quarters. He’s an asshole but he’s a Hall of Famer.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Mitchell showing up in the 3rd!

So strange to see Mitchell scoring at will in this quarter while in both home games he seldom got past the initial defender.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

22 points in the 3rd.

Neto needs to fake a hamstring injury. Why hasn’t Quinn just kept AB on the court instead of that asshat?

Mitchell carried to the locker room. Oh well. Go get em next year, Jazz

He’s the GOAT.

Chris Freaking Paul. I hate you.

darn. tough to win without exum, donovan, or ricky

Rudy, Rubio, and Mitchell weren’t healthy for a good portion of the playoffs and we still put up a fight. The future is bright. Go forth and find a stretch 3.

of course burks was a badass again.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Rudy, Rubio, and Mitchell weren’t healthy for a good portion of the playoffs and we still put up a fight. The future is bright. Go forth and find a stretch 3.
    also sefolosha and favors

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    of course burks was a badass again.
    I loved the resurgence of Burks in the playoffs.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

This was the most enjoyable Jazz season for me since 2003-04.

Mitchell is the most fun Jazz player to watch since Stockton/Malone, and maybe ever. Outside of Pre-Max AK and a couple years of D-Will, I don’t remember another young Jazz player who was this exciting.

Memo was a little older when he joined the Jazz, and he remains my favorite post-S2M player, mainly because he did so much with so little. Looking forward to many more years of watching Mitchell realize his potential.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Best Jazz year since the WCF w D Will, Okur, AK, Milsap & Brewer. These guys had me believing we could win it all. We'll be back.