"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Training camp is open. A lot of questions surrounding the season. Is bringing back the same team that limped to an 8th place finish really going to provide better results, especially when the Spurs and Lakers both got much better? Will Bozoer be a distraction or will the fact that he is playing for a contract and value motivate him to play harder? A lot of questions, not a lot of answers. I am much less optimistic heading into this season than I was heading into the last one.

Apparently AK, Korver and CJ all went down with injuries yesterday. Couple that with the fact that Harpring is out, and the Jazz could be in some trouble on the wing:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4829
    Tim Buckley of the Deseret News reports: Three Jazz players — all small forward/swingmen types who are rotation regulars for the club — were injured at training camp this morning. Andrei Kirilenko (strained left quadriceps muscle), C.J. Miles (strained left hip flexor) and Kyle Korver (inflamed left knee) all did not take part in tonight’s second session of two-a-days. Usual backup shooting guard Korver underwent an MRI exam, results of which were not immediately made known.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      Training camp is open. A lot of questions surrounding the season. Is bringing back the same team that limped to an 8th place finish really going to provide better results, especially when the Spurs and Lakers both got much better? Will Bozoer be a distraction or will the fact that he is playing for a contract and value motivate him to play harder? A lot of questions, not a lot of answers. I am much less optimistic heading into this season than I was heading into the last one.
      I don't know if that was a purposeful typo or not, but well done.

Wel, the last time nothing was expected of the Jazz (in fact I think many expected them to finish last), they had a hell of a season.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Boozer feels like he is the starter at the 4.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...to-Boozer.html

When training camp opened Saturday, coach Jerry Sloan made it known he had not yet decided if incumbent Carlos Boozer or backup Paul Millsap

will start the 2009-10 NBA season at power forward for the Jazz.

It was news to Boozer.

"I feel like I'm the starter," the two-time NBA All-Star said Sunday, before the Jazz open their second day of two-a-days. "I think I've earned that. That's the only role I've been in my whole career."

Boozer has started each game he's played in four of his five seasons with the Jazz, and started 129 of 156 in during his two years in Cleveland.

"I think it's great to have competition," said Boozer, who during the offseason expressed eagerness to be traded to either Chicago or Miami. "You know, I think Paul is very good. I guess if we are competing, then we're competing for it. But I feel like I am the starter."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I don't know if that was a purposeful typo or not, but well done.
          The first time I made that mistake, it was an accident. Subsequent times, it has been on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Boozer feels like he is the starter at the 4.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...to-Boozer.html
            Do you think that Milsap should start over Boozer?
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Do you think that Milsap should start over Boozer?
              Honestly, I don't know. I am trying to put my displeasure with Booz this summer aside, and knowing that the Jazz have essentially committed to Millsap, part of me wants to turn over the spot to Sap. But, Boozer is a better offensive player than Sap, and Sap has done fine coming off the bench when he can be a "garbage" player. Boozer couldn't do that I don't think. Plus, if the Jazz are serious about moving Boozer, they'll need him to play well to get value back.

Either way, this is one nasty hangover that I can't wait to shake.

Comment

I'd love to see Sap start over Boozer if for no other reason that to watch the hilarity that would ensue as Boozer bitches and moans all season.

I always found it funny that when AK's minutes and touches were reduced drastically a few years ago and AK whined about it, fans, coaches and media all ripped AK for his "attitude problem". Nevermind the fact that every other guy in the league, if put in that situation, would do the same. If, for some reason Sap starts, we'll get to see it firsthand with Boozer.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

While normally bringing back the same mediocre line-up isn't anything to be excited about, this year we won't be starting without Deron, and then losing Booz and Okur in short order. That alone should be an improvement. Although the recent injuries you mentioned don't inspire much confidence.

I also think that Boozer has to start over Millsap.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Everyone seems healthy, there have been significant roster upgrades, and there were no major distractions in the offseason. Should be a good year. I'm looking forward to another season of Jazz basketball.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Reading the DNews yesterday afternoon, it said AK has added a lot of bulk. What does that mean? Does he no longer look like a concentration camp prisoner?
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

It is about time we had a Jazz thread. What took so long?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Reading the DNews yesterday afternoon, it said AK has added a lot of bulk. What does that mean? Does he no longer look like a concentration camp prisoner?
                          He always adds, but then he loses it as the season goes on. He's just not built for size.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

AK will look like a skeleton again once he gets back into his all night WoW schedule.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

For whatever reason, this is the first year I am not excited about an upcoming Jazz season. Help me out, get me excited! I'm having a hard time. I know I will watch most games and definitely be passionate about wins and losses, but right now, I can't get into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X