Page 644 of 645 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645 LastLast
Results 19,291 to 19,320 of 19333

Thread: "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Njokic is a real bitch. ButtNuggetz play dirty. Gary Harris straight up kicked Rudy in the junk. He got called for an offensive foul, but that should have been flagrant 1, minimum.

Even though those teams are currently in the 7 and 2 spots, I don’t think that’s a very likely 1st round matchup. I see Denver landing in the 4-5 range and Utah around the 7-8.
    I think they are a fairly likely 4-5 matchup. The Jazz schedule the last month of the season is easy-peasy. They will end on a surge and get into that range again.

Jokic is incredible but super whiny. Great fit for the Nuggies.

Another fun game. Utah almost gave it away again, but came back and hit a ton of shots in a row. That's nice to see-- Jae Crowder is a beast. Having him, Jingles, and Korver roaming the perimeter, not to mention Donovan finding a stroke these last 20 games or so, and it just opens up the layup line for Rudy, Favors, and Ricky. Ricky was nailing threes last night, too, come to think of it...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Another fun game. Utah almost gave it away again, but came back and hit a ton of shots in a row. That's nice to see-- Jae Crowder is a beast. Having him, Jingles, and Korver roaming the perimeter, not to mention Donovan finding a stroke these last 20 games or so, and it just opens up the layup line for Rudy, Favors, and Ricky. Ricky was nailing threes last night, too, come to think of it...
    This is probably just my own perception, but I'm always nervous when Jae gets the ball. If he's near the 3-point line, there's a 98% chance he's shooting it. He's only a 33% 3-pt shooter, but I bet he feels like he's closer to 40%.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    This is probably just my own perception, but I'm always nervous when Jae gets the ball. If he's near the 3-point line, there's a 98% chance he's shooting it. He's only a 33% 3-pt shooter, but I bet he feels like he's closer to 40%.
    Yeah. I feel like he's been shooting better now that he's been getting more open shots now that you can see teams putting a noticeable aggressive coverage on Korver most plays.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That's like shooting 50% from inside the line. Not bad.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    That's like shooting 50% from inside the line. Not bad.
    But not good. In 2019, that’s below average for a volume 3pt shooter. Of the top 50 players with the most 3pt attempts this season, he is ranked 40 out of 50 in make %. In fact, only 11 players have attempted more 3s than Crowder this year, and all 11 of them have a higher make %.

EDIT: In the last 8 NBA seasons, only 4 players have finished in the top 20 in 3pt attempts with a lower percentage than Crowder is currently shooting:

Kobe Bryant (x3)
    Al Harrington
    Brandon Jennings
    Trey Burke
    Last edited by Donuthole; 01-29-2019 at 10:40 AM. Reason: More stats!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

But not good. In 2019, that’s below average for a volume 3pt shooter. Of the top 50 players with the most 3pt attempts this season, he is ranked 40 out of 50 in make %. In fact, only 11 players have attempted more 3s than Crowder this year, and all 11 of them have a higher make %.

EDIT: In the last 8 NBA seasons, only 4 players have finished in the top 20 in 3pt attempts with a lower percentage than Crowder is currently shooting:

Kobe Bryant (x3)
    Al Harrington
    Brandon Jennings
    Trey Burke

holy crap. that is quite the list. kobe bryant three times. lol.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Kobe Bryant (x3)
    Al Harrington
    Brandon Jennings
    Trey Burke
    You're failing to take into account the amount of times Crowder gets fouled shooting a 3 - whether he makes it or misses it. I feel like he has more 4-point play opportunities than any other Jazzman in history. Probably combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    You're failing to take into account the amount of times Crowder gets fouled shooting a 3 - whether he makes it or misses it. I feel like he has more 4-point play opportunities than any other Jazzman in history. Probably combined.
    Yeah, but he's only a 71% FT shooter, so we're barely getting more than 2 points out of those plays.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Yeah, but he's only a 71% FT shooter, so we're barely getting more than 2 points out of those plays.
    Or 3.71 points out of those plays when he makes the three!

Trade rumors involving the Jazz and Grizzlies. Rubio, Favors and/or Exum and picks in exchange for Conley and maybe some others.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm against getting rid of Favors for Conley and his big ass contract.

i'm guessing the conley ship has sailed. marc stein saying conley doesn't want to play in utah, memphis wanting two firsts, reports saying memphis wanted exum included and utah wouldn't do it, etc. you never know how much of this is legit, but there is enough out there to make me think conley to utah is out.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I'm against getting rid of Favors for Conley and his big ass contract.
    favors, rubio and a first - if the reports are to be believed. and i tend to agree with you.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    i'm guessing the conley ship has sailed. marc stein saying conley doesn't want to play in utah, memphis wanting two firsts, reports saying memphis wanted exum included and utah wouldn't do it, etc. you never know how much of this is legit, but there is enough out there to make me think conley to utah is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    favors, rubio and a first - if the reports are to be believed. and i tend to agree with you.
    I agree, the original offer was declined (per twitter sources). I think that's when the Favors and Exum rumor arose along with JaMychal Green from Memphis.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Conley is better than Rubio, but not by as much as the surface statistics would indicate. And certainly not by $15 million per season. Conely isn't a good enough shooter or an efficient enough scorer to justify that salary. Ricky is a FA after this season--and in Utah there is never a guarantee that someone will re-sign--so the Jazz are smart to shop him and see what's available. But Rubio + Favors + picks for Conley is just dumb. Throw in Exum and it's ridiculous.

I think this team is markedly better when it's healthy and Rubio has some PGs to spell him. Exum is going to be contributing quality minutes and soon. Not to mention we're kind of kicking ass anyway right now. I clearly see the wisdom in putting another big time player with Donovan while he's still getting rookie money- of course. But this is not the right deal and if anything is clear to me, Favors is too valuable to this team right now. A slight upgrade at PG + no Favors?? Hell no.

I think this team is markedly better when it's healthy and Rubio has some PGs to spell him. Exum is going to be contributing quality minutes and soon. Not to mention we're kind of kicking ass anyway right now. I clearly see the wisdom in putting another big time player with Donovan while he's still getting rookie money- of course. But this is not the right deal and if anything is clear to me, Favors is too valuable to this team right now. A slight upgrade at PG + no Favors?? Hell no.
    Glass half full. I like that.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Glass half full. I like that.
    I have full confidence in Exum while he's healthy. He was playing so great before the sprain.

Default "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Had a chance at this one but just missed too many shots down the stretch. You knew GS was going to get hot eventually.

Side note: This GS team is so effing hateable. Like 80s Pistons, 00s Kings level hateable. God, please let anyone but them win the title this year.

Had a chance at this one but just missed too many shots down the stretch. You knew GS was going to get hot eventually.

Side note: This GS team is so effing hateable. Like 80s Pistons, 00s Kings level hateable. God, please let anyone but them win the title this year.
    Agree on all points. If I have to see curry do another shimmy I'll shoot him. Not shoot myself, that doesn't make any sense.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

They win if they had Conley last night.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    This is true, I think. I love Rubio as a person but man it was hard to watch him shoot last night. I was joking with the warrior fan sitting next to me that I was happy to let Boogie handle the ball and shoot threes as much as he wanted to and she said she was happy to let the Jazz point guard do the same.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    False. That means we don't have Favors. He was a beast last night.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    This is true, I think. I love Rubio as a person but man it was hard to watch him shoot last night. I was joking with the warrior fan sitting next to me that I was happy to let Boogie handle the ball and shoot threes as much as he wanted to and she said she was happy to let the Jazz point guard do the same.
    That first quarter was rough for the whole team- Donovan, Jae, Rubio, all shooting like shit. I loved how they came out in the second half, but Curry correctly observed that the Warriors won the game in the first quarter.

False. That means we don't have Favors. He was a beast last night.
    13 and 7 on 6-12 shooting. That would be hard to make up.
    *Banned*

Yeah. Boogie is a fat piece of shit who would get his fat ass kicked by Jae. He also got absolutely shut the f*k down by Favors last night. And then he tried to score on Rudy one on one.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

[color="purple"...
    [/color]

They have become more hateable for sure with KD being a premadonna and Cousins being Cousins.

I still love watching Curry and Thompson though — don’t see myself rooting against those two unless they are playing the Jazz.

It’s becoming more clear that this Jazz team is #6. I really thought they would be beating Houston and Portland and almost everybody else these last few weeks but they can’t quite put it together against the better teams.

Durant didn't really even try last night. He was guarding players he could stop with a mediocre effort. He scored 28 pts quietly and efficiently, usually shooting right over the top of a much shorter defender. He didn't have to work for his shots. On a lesser team he would be swarmed with multiple defenders. On the Warriors he can coast to 28 points and make the extra pass to hall of fame shooters for easy assists. Rebounds? Too much effort.

It's sad to watch a guy who could carry a franchise just coast his way through. The talent in the NBA is incredible right now. But the race for the title is a one-team snooze fest.