"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    have you lived in la or southern california?
    Grew up in the heart of Jazz country during the golden years. Probably was just looking for a way to differentiate himself from all the other white skinny mormon kids in his school.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It must sting to see that the Jazz are back and on the rise. Chill out Lakers- you have Lebron. You'll at least make the playoffs.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Grew up in the heart of Jazz country during the golden years. Probably was just looking for a way to differentiate himself from all the other white skinny mormon kids in his school.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Also: Donovan went to a BYU basketball game and there was no Jimmer playing to lure him there. He is a real mensch.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Then how do you explain his enchantment with BYU football?

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Then how do you explain his enchantment with BYU football?
              BYU transcends all.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• MoLAUre lulls you into thinking he’s an alright guy and then drops a reminder that he’s still a dumbass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  It must sting to see that the Jazz are back and on the rise. Chill out Lakers- you have Lebron. You'll at least make the playoffs.
                  not-so-fast-my-friend.jpg

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-wins-p...192720700.html
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    MoLAUre lulls you into thinking he’s an alright guy and then drops a reminder that he’s still a dumbass.

That was low, even for you
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• OK this article is getting me pumped for the Jazz this year:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/8...cond-best-west

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        OK this article is getting me pumped for the Jazz this year:

Enjoyed this bit:

Game starts, there’s a defender climbing inside your jersey and a C.O.U.S. (Center of Unusual Size) waiting at the rim for you.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          OK this article is getting me pumped for the Jazz this year:

Yeah, that was fun, even if its a long shot. This was a funny opening line:

It’s a tradition unlike any other: forgetting over the summer that the Utah Jazz exist.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• At the very least, it will function as an athletic group of try-hards ready to annoy you into submission.
                            If you remove athletic from that sentence it is basically Bronco Mendenhall's ideal football team.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• it was fun watching the jazz last night after a long off season. mostly pedestrian performance - they didn't get rolling until the second half against mostly 2nd string guys and other than Ingles nobody looked that good. but fun to watch. they are an easy team to root for - though Crowder and his gunning and bricking ways can get frustrating.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                it was fun watching the jazz last night after a long off season. mostly pedestrian performance - they didn't get rolling until the second half against mostly 2nd string guys and other than Ingles nobody looked that good. but fun to watch. they are an easy team to root for - though Crowder and his gunning and bricking ways can get frustrating.
                                How did Kawhi look after taking the year off? I would mention how he and LeBron are going to play together next year, but I won't if it means all of the ugliness from above on this page repeats itself! I prefer a world where Jazz and Laker fans coexist in harmony and we remember all of the great back and forths of this rivalry. Like the time that little band of upstarts from a misunderstood mountain town took the Showtime Lakers to 7 games in '88 (before LA repeated as Champions), or that time a veteran Stockton / Malone / Horny / Big Dawg Jazz squad swept Kobe and his airballs (before he went on to win 5 championships) and lost to MJ in the Finals twice, or the times in the late aughts when Pow, Odom, and Bynum repeatedly took turns pounding Boozer and Memo down low without Astroglide on their way to more championships. This is a fun and storied rivalry. Let's not be petty and ugly to each other!

Comment

Working...
                                X