"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Durant didn't really even try last night. He was guarding players he could stop with a mediocre effort. He scored 28 pts quietly and efficiently, usually shooting right over the top of a much shorter defender. He didn't have to work for his shots. On a lesser team he would be swarmed with multiple defenders. On the Warriors he can coast to 28 points and make the extra pass to hall of fame shooters for easy assists. Rebounds? Too much effort.

It's sad to watch a guy who could carry a franchise just coast his way through. The talent in the NBA is incredible right now. But the race for the title is a one-team snooze fest.
    all you have to do is look at the games curry missed early in the year - durant's efficiency took a significant hit. you an almost just look at the list of his boxscores for the season and pinpoint when Curry got hurt and when he came back.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Durant didn't really even try last night. He was guarding players he could stop with a mediocre effort. He scored 28 pts quietly and efficiently, usually shooting right over the top of a much shorter defender. He didn't have to work for his shots. On a lesser team he would be swarmed with multiple defenders. On the Warriors he can coast to 28 points and make the extra pass to hall of fame shooters for easy assists. Rebounds? Too much effort.

It's sad to watch a guy who could carry a franchise just coast his way through. The talent in the NBA is incredible right now. But the race for the title is a one-team snooze fest.
      Would you have this same take if the Jazz had won last night?
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Would you have this same take if the Jazz had won last night?
        Of course.

Comment

Of course.
          Also, Portland just mashed them. I don't think this is the one-team league you are saying it is.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Also, Portland just mashed them. I don't think this is the one-team league you are saying it is.
            It's a one team league.

Golden State learned from the experience of wearing themselves out during the regular season to set a record for most wins in a season and then being worn down when it was time for the playoffs and losing to Cleveland.

Since then, they have been a lot less interested in the regular season. Or at least less interested in winning every game of the regular season. Someone says they aren't as good anymore, and they rise up and stomp the next couple of teams. I think wapiti is right - it feels like they are coasting, winning enough games to get home court advantage without putting the pressure on themselves to win every game and without wearing themselves out.

When the playoffs come, they'll start paying attention and roll through the west and steamroll whoever the east sends to the finals.

Comment

Portland didnt exactly smash them. Thompson dislocated a finger against the jazz and his shot seemed off against portland. Plus, the game actually turned in the last few minutes of the fourth when the blazers were ahead by a couple of points or so and then draymond got hit with a ridiculous flagrant call. after which Kerr went berserk drawing a T and an ejection. Five FT later Portland gets the ball back and drains a three and it becomes a ten or twelve point lead. GHS pretty much packed it in at that point and subbed out all the starters shortly thereafter. So Portland gets them at home on a B2B and wins under atypical circumstances. I am confident that GS wins a series against portland in 6 or fewer games, regardless of homecourt.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Portland didnt exactly smash them. Thompson dislocated a finger against the jazz and his shot seemed off against portland. Plus, the game actually turned in the last few minutes of the fourth when the blazers were ahead by a couple of points or so and then draymond got hit with a ridiculous flagrant call. after which Kerr went berserk drawing a T and an ejection. Five FT later Portland gets the ball back and drains a three and it becomes a ten or twelve point lead. GHS pretty much packed it in at that point and subbed out all the starters shortly thereafter. So Portland gets them at home on a B2B and wins under atypical circumstances. I am confident that GS wins a series against portland in 6 or fewer games, regardless of homecourt.
                I was cool with the flagrant against Draymond.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I was cool with the flagrant against Draymond.
                  It was not a flagrant. His play was on the ball. Draymond is a jerk so often that in some sort of karmic way he likely deserved it, but it was a bad call on that play, IMO.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

It was not a flagrant. His play was on the ball. Draymond is a jerk so often that in some sort of karmic way he likely deserved it, but it was a bad call on that play, IMO.
                    As Jalen Rose said on ESPN, his play was on the ball. And his arm. And his head. And he didn't jump. It didn't look to me like he was just trying to make a play on the ball and there was hard contact.

Regardless, I recognize that its a close call. I'm just saying that I'm okay with it being flagrant. Maybe some of that is residual Draymond, but that's probably the risk you run when you are a jerk.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      As Jalen Rose said on ESPN, his play was on the ball. And his arm. And his head. And he didn't jump. It didn't look to me like he was just trying to make a play on the ball and there was hard contact.

Regardless, I recognize that its a close call. I'm just saying that I'm okay with it being flagrant. Maybe some of that is residual Draymond, but that's probably the risk you run when you are a jerk.
                      Jalen rose is a crap shoot: wrong as often as right. It doesn't matter if he also got arm (and not really head). it matters if it was "unnecessary" per the rule. Green clearly wanted to stop Collins from scoring and did so in a way that happens all the time. he didn't jump because he was able to put his hand on the ball to stop the shot while standing. I don't really care that Green got the foul and, like I said, he is so often a jerk that I am sure he deserves it, but that call was not warranted, IMO, especially not at that stage of a close game.

Besides, all of this detracts from the primary point, which was that this game wasn't really Portland "smashing" GS . Rather it was GS not pushing that hard on a B2B with Thompson playing poorly. As others said, this is still a one team league.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Because they aren't going 82-0? It's a one-team league. They are coasting, especially Durant. The only hope the league has is that somehow Cousins blows them up from within.

Comment

Jalen rose is a crap shoot: wrong as often as right. It doesn't matter if he also got arm (and not really head). it matters if it was "unnecessary" per the rule. Green clearly wanted to stop Collins from scoring and did so in a way that happens all the time. he didn't jump because he was able to put his hand on the ball to stop the shot while standing. I don't really care that Green got the foul and, like I said, he is so often a jerk that I am sure he deserves it, but that call was not warranted, IMO, especially not at that stage of a close game.

Besides, all of this detracts from the primary point, which was that this game wasn't really Portland "smashing" GS . Rather it was GS not pushing that hard on a B2B with Thompson playing poorly. As others said, this is still a one team league.
                          I forgot, you are a GS fan now.

Btw, he put his hand on the ball, and his arm, and his shoulder, with a certain amount of force designed to prevent Collison from dunking on Draymond. I think the force he used was "unnecessary" to make a play. But I've already said it was a close call.

However, shouldn't the stage of the game make it more likely to be flagrant? I don't see why you should give people more leeway to use excessive force when the game is close and near the end. I think it should be less.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Because they aren't going 82-0? It's a one-team league. They are coasting, especially Durant. The only hope the league has is that somehow Cousins blows them up from within.
                            They're 2 games up on the nuggets. Not exactly the 97 bulls there...

Comment

They're 2 games up on the nuggets. Not exactly the 97 bulls there...
                              They had a better record than the 97 Bulls 3 years ago. Then they added Kevin Durant. Imagine the '97 Bulls adding Shaq for the 1998 season . . .

Comment

• Great game in OKC tonight going to overtime.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X