"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
    How did Kawhi look after taking the year off? I would mention how he and LeBron are going to play together next year, but I won't if it means all of the ugliness from above on this page repeats itself! I prefer a world where Jazz and Laker fans coexist in harmony and we remember all of the great back and forths of this rivalry. Like the time that little band of upstarts from a misunderstood mountain town took the Showtime Lakers to 7 games in '88 (before LA repeated as Champions), or that time a veteran Stockton / Malone / Horny / Big Dawg Jazz squad swept Kobe and his airballs (before he went on to win 5 championships) and lost to MJ in the Finals twice, or the times in the late aughts when Pow, Odom, and Bynum repeatedly took turns pounding Boozer and Memo down low without Astroglide on their way to more championships. This is a fun and storied rivalry. Let's not be petty and ugly to each other!
    he looked really good. Jazz couldn't keep him off the FT line, he shot the ball pretty well, and made quite a few effort plays.

oh, and he'll play with Jimmy Butler on the Clippers next year so no hard feelings!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• This 2nd unit is on fire. I'm loving the depth on this team. Spida struggling big time

Comment

• 82-0!!
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          This 2nd unit is on fire. I'm loving the depth on this team. Spida struggling big time
          Ricky struggled, too. I love Joe Ingles- what a great anchor for this team. Rudy demonstrated some offensive sauce this first game out, too. Way early for this assessment, but I strongly feel he has stepped up that aspect over the summer. Dante looked aggressive and was playing confident, too. We're going to be able to win some tough games this year.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mitchell went 8-21 - he's going to have his share of that kind of game, but Rubio- so bizarre. 1 point and 4 assists? yikes.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• jazz with an embarrassing new pizza deal after wins- they go from half off any papa johns to little caesars buy two, 2 or more topping pizzas, get a third free.

predictably, fans hate it.

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1052782621413920768
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Mitchell went 8-21 - he's going to have his share of that kind of game, but Rubio- so bizarre. 1 point and 4 assists? yikes.
                Sounds like spida spent too much time running around this summer with the three nephites, pushing stalled cars and paying for cracked iPhone screens and groceries, when he should have been working on his game.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Sounds like spida spent too much time running around this summer with the three nephites, pushing stalled cars and paying for cracked iPhone screens and groceries, when he should have been working on his game.
                  Nah he spent a lot of time on his game. I think the Kings just came in with crazy first-game-at-home energy that Utah didn't match on defense at all and rushed their first 5 or 6 offensive series. Once the backups came in everything balanced out. Even with that 16 point deficit in the first quarter it never felt like the game was out of hand, weirdly enough. This Jazz team is really really deep. That's my first takeaway. Alec Burkes is a beast. Dante looks good. Rudy looks like an NBA first team All-Star (even though he wasn't killing himself yesterday defensively-- just playing a very measured game). Joe seems to have picked up right where he left off, which was a very good place. I'm not too worried about Donovan and Ricky- they'll be back next game.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• 24 points on 21 shots. A very Kobe-esque line, no doubt.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      24 points on 21 shots. A very Kobe-esque line, no doubt.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• I attended both the last pre-season game and the first season game the Jazz played against the Kings. Talk about the best of times and the not quite as dominating of times. A couple of thoughts.

Rubio did not look good. In addition to shooting like crap, he simply could not guard Fox. The difference when Exum came into the game was night and day. SNyder switched hsi rotation minutes in the 2nd half so that Exum ended up playing the 4th when it mattered and Rubio was sitting on the bench working on his smoldering looks and trying to figure out how to sound like a baritone instead of a soprano. I love what Rubio did for the team last year, but he was never a good shooter and perhaps last year was the aberration. Plus, he just couldn't stick with Fox.

Gobert was awesome in the first half. In the second half he seemed to sort of half-ass it a lot. Fox and Cauley-Stein took advantage with numerous floaters over him. CS also was good at bodying up against Gobert.

Mitchell was really pretty much what he was last year. He was inefficient, .like last year, he made some bad turnovers, ;ike last year, and just when the kings seemed to be feeling life in the fourth Mitchell had great back to back shots (spinning drive to the hole and a dagger three) that reminded them they were not going to win, just like last year. I think he is pretty much what he was last year and I will take it.

Jazz pace was surprisingly high and their team defense was not great. I suspect they will tighten it up. They better or the warriors will destroy them. Ingles was amazing. ANd Favors is a man. SNyder brought those two into the game in the fourth and had them keep running the PnR over and over and Sacramento just couldnt quite deal. It was fun to watch.

The Jazz are good, but they are not so good that they can avoid working hard on D all the time. I suspect this game and Snyder will remind them of this. Agree with whoever said their second unit was great.

It will be a fun year.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Bear got fired. I wonder if it had to do with his decision to take the Mascot Bowl from Skyridge to somewhere in Davis County.

Comment

• Live by the 3, die by the 3. When Jae Crowder was celebrating the Jazz’s 16 point lead I turned to my sone and said “No lead is safe against GS, especially when you start thinking you have the game won. The Jazz think they have this game won, and there is nearly an entire half to play.”

And, here we are.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Live by the 3, die by the 3. When Jae Crowder was celebrating the Jazz’s 16 point lead I turned to my sone and said “No lead is safe against GS, especially when you start thinking you have the game won. The Jazz think they have this game won, and there is nearly an entire half to play.”

And, here we are.
                              Fun ending right here. Need to pull it off. Mitchell has been killing the Jazz.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Fun ending right here. Need to pull it off. Mitchell has been killing the Jazz.
                                Suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X