No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I really feel great about this year, and I think I can prove to all my haters that Utah Jazz keep me for a reason," Fesenko said. "You'll see a whole new Fes."
    DDD, Surfah, take note. Big Fes is talking to you right here... haters!

Comment

And if they do, Sloan will be willing to put them on the court more. He might be more open to that than ever, even admitting that he's reflected back on his career and conceded that he's made mistakes by not playing some guys sooner than he did (Bryon Russell, for instance).
      Bryon Russell? Why not make mention of the two guys currently on the team whom he could/should have played more sooner in Ronnie Brewer and Deron Williams. And I think after this season, we'll be adding Kosta Koufos to that list as well.

Comment

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, however, didn't hesitate in answering Monday about where he wanted to see improvement from Brewer. "Better defense," Sloan said. "Get up and play people. Use his body, use his quickness. Being able to help people defensively."

"He's got great range," Sloan added. "He's got to learn to get up and be more physical with people. He's got a terrific body. Learn how to get your body on people and use it."
        Would that the Jazz had a coach who could teach Brewer how to do this. Instead, neither Sloan nor any of his assistants really knows how to coach defense, which means this is essentially a plea for Brewer to commit more fouls.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, however, didn't hesitate in answering Monday about where he wanted to see improvement from Brewer. "Better defense," Sloan said. "Get up and play people. Use his body, use his quickness. Being able to help people defensively."

"He's got great range," Sloan added. "He's got to learn to get up and be more physical with people. He's got a terrific body. Learn how to get your body on people and use it."

Brewer ranked sixth in the NBA in steals last season (1.7 a game), but Sloan sounded as if training camp invitee Wes Matthews had made a better impression than Brewer with his physical defense so far.

"You see what a difference that makes, instead of just playing off and just trying to play passing lanes all the time," Sloan said. "Get your body on people. Don't let them do what they want to do."
          In other words, Ronnie, we need to see less of you trying to cause turnovers on defense and more of you playing full-body defense and committing fouls on guys 30 feet from the basket. Look to Harpring if you need a role model, sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Lakers thread averages 6.8 posts per day. Jazz thread 40 and counting per day. Speaks volumes.
            Things are getting exciting in Jazz land, now that we have a HOF coach on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
              In other words, Ronnie, we need to see less of you trying to cause turnovers on defense and more of you playing full-body defense and committing fouls on guys 30 feet from the basket. Look to Harpring if you need a role model, sheesh.
              You filthy hack.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Bingo.

Also, why would you want a guy to back off, force guys to shoot long, low percentage, jumpers when you could get right up on them and give them a free path to the basket forcing them into the Jazz shot-blockers?
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  Opportunities available for playing time at the 5.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...r-centers.html
                  This season looks bright for Koufos not for anything he may have done over the summer, but because 1) he is not a rookie anymore and therefore might see the court, and 2) proven NBA star Jaron Collins has left and eased the huge logjam at the 5 spot.

Comment

DDD, Surfah, take note. Big Fes is talking to you right here... haters!
                    I don't want to see a new Fes. The old one was just fine. Keep tweeting and posting dance moves Fes!
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I don't want to see a new Fes. The old one was just fine. Keep tweeting and posting dance moves Fes!
                      Hater!!!

Comment

This season looks bright for Koufos not for anything he may have done over the summer, but because 1) he is not a rookie anymore and therefore might see the court, and 2) proven NBA star Jaron Collins has left and eased the huge logjam at the 5 spot.
                        Agreed. I expect Kouf to make a Brewer like 2nd year improvement. Which is to say, he probably won't be that much better but because he is not a rookie will see increased time and will look better as a result.

Comment

Agreed. I expect Kouf to make a Brewer like 2nd year improvement. Which is to say, he probably won't be that much better but because he is not a rookie will see increased time and will look better as a result.
                          I'm still not banking on it because I don't think the minutes are there to be had. Despite the absence of Jargon on this year's team, I'm guessing all the minutes at the 5 are going to be swallowed up by Memo/Booz in an effort to get Sap on the floor more at the 4.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            I'm still not banking on it because I don't think the minutes are there to be had. Despite the absence of Jargon on this year's team, I'm guessing all the minutes at the 5 are going to be swallowed up by Memo/Booz in an effort to get Sap on the floor more at the 4.
                            More Sap on the floor could be a sticky scenario.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              And i think with the inevitable injury or Boozer trade, Kouf is likely to be the guy to get burn at the 5. If they all stay healthy then I am more inclined to agree. I don't think it happens though given their histories.

Comment

Too bad we let D-Steve go a few seasons ago, just before he peaked into craziness.

Comment

Working...
                                X