"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jingles woke up.

Rubio 1 assist away from a triple double.

Comment

• Ingles.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Comment

• So much fun. Never thought I'd be such a big Rubio fan. Never thought he'd finally come alive in the NBA.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Huge game tonight. A win at home all but means series over. A loss and we have to take one more in OKC. Will Russ be able to shut that shit down tonight?

Comment

• yep, tonight is big. need them to get off to a good start - make OKC start questioning themselves early.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• hopefully russ shutting that shit down means he gets three fouls in the first quarter, but we will see what happens. he’s going to need paul george or melo to also make noise.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  hopefully russ shutting that shit down means he gets three fouls in the first quarter, but we will see what happens. he’s going to need paul george or melo to also make noise.
                  Not a chance Russ gets into foul trouble in this game, no matter how physically he plays.

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...arousel-796305

Passersby can’t help but stop, and when they stop, they don’t just stare, they take their sweet time.

You have to when you stumble upon something as random and meticulously planned out as what sits on the corner of 200 East and 300 South in downtown Salt Lake City. It’s an ode to the Utah Jazz, both past and present. Ahead of Monday night’s Game 4 inside Vivint Smart Home Arena, a shrine has been constructed up against the brick of The Green Ant, a furniture store, on Broadway.

Inside the gold cabinet is, well, everything Jazz.

Center stage sits a framed photo of Joe Ingles flashing a thumbs up. It’s accompanied by old shots of Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jerry Sloan and Darrell Griffith. There are Junior Jazz jerseys hanging on the gold cabinet and around an angel leaning against the brick. An old worn basketball sits in a straw basket, so it won’t be blown down the street.

There’s a dated photo of former Utah Jazz owner, the late Larry H. Miller.

The shrine is accompanied by several votive candles, various colored flowers and Jazz stickers.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      Not a chance Russ gets into foul trouble in this game, no matter how physically he plays.
                      Agreed, but if he has a taste of the crazy and focuses on his own battles and not the team it could end up working to the Jazz' advantage.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Not a Rubio fan (unless I loved the Jazz, which I don't, the man bun is an automatic disqualifer) but after what Westbrook said, I'd love to see Rubio treat OKC tonight the same way Jimmer treated Arizona.

“He made some shots,” Westbrook said of Rubio. “Too comfortable, but I’ma shut that (expletive) off next game, though. Guarantee that.”

BTW, I like the Arches logo on the floor and the move toward more Utahish colors. Why can't they change the team name which, and I mean no disrespect, seems one of the least fitting of any pro sports? I'm sure I'm the first to raise this question.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Not a Rubio fan (unless I loved the Jazz, which I don't, the man bun is an automatic disqualifer) but after what Westbrook said, I'd love to see Rubio treat OKC tonight the same way Jimmer treated Arizona.

“He made some shots,” Westbrook said of Rubio. “Too comfortable, but I’ma shut that (expletive) off next game, though. Guarantee that.”

BTW, I like the Arches logo on the floor and the move toward more Utahish colors. Why can't they change the team name which, and I mean no disrespect, seems one of the least fitting of any pro sports? I'm sure I'm the first to raise this question.
                          At this point, I think they are inclined to keep the name just because everyone else wants them to change it. It's no more out of place than the Lakers or the Warriors, but nobody ever bothers them.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not a Rubio fan (unless I loved the Jazz, which I don't, the man bun is an automatic disqualifer) but after what Westbrook said, I'd love to see Rubio treat OKC tonight the same way Jimmer treated Arizona.

Same reason the L.A. Lakers ain't going anywhere.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• No disrespect to Mr. Westbrook, but the reason Ricky had his way was because everybody was focused on offensive threat #1 the whole game. Go ahead and shift your defensive focus to Ricky Rubio and let Mitchell fire at will. Great plan! :thumbsup: He probably won't break the franchise assist record tonight.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Someone on TV (sportscenter, maybe) called Rubio's hair style the best samurai bun of all time. So you can STFU PAC!

But in all seriousness, I find it much more palatable than his boy band look.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X