No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conley is better than Rubio, but not by as much as the surface statistics would indicate. And certainly not by $15 million per season. Conely isn't a good enough shooter or an efficient enough scorer to justify that salary. Ricky is a FA after this season--and in Utah there is never a guarantee that someone will re-sign--so the Jazz are smart to shop him and see what's available. But Rubio + Favors + picks for Conley is just dumb. Throw in Exum and it's ridiculous.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I think this team is markedly better when it's healthy and Rubio has some PGs to spell him. Exum is going to be contributing quality minutes and soon. Not to mention we're kind of kicking ass anyway right now. I clearly see the wisdom in putting another big time player with Donovan while he's still getting rookie money- of course. But this is not the right deal and if anything is clear to me, Favors is too valuable to this team right now. A slight upgrade at PG + no Favors?? Hell no.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I think this team is markedly better when it's healthy and Rubio has some PGs to spell him. Exum is going to be contributing quality minutes and soon. Not to mention we're kind of kicking ass anyway right now. I clearly see the wisdom in putting another big time player with Donovan while he's still getting rookie money- of course. But this is not the right deal and if anything is clear to me, Favors is too valuable to this team right now. A slight upgrade at PG + no Favors?? Hell no.
        Glass half full. I like that.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Glass half full. I like that.
          I have full confidence in Exum while he's healthy. He was playing so great before the sprain.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Had a chance at this one but just missed too many shots down the stretch. You knew GS was going to get hot eventually.

Side note: This GS team is so effing hateable. Like 80s Pistons, 00s Kings level hateable. God, please let anyone but them win the title this year.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Had a chance at this one but just missed too many shots down the stretch. You knew GS was going to get hot eventually.

Side note: This GS team is so effing hateable. Like 80s Pistons, 00s Kings level hateable. God, please let anyone but them win the title this year.
              Agree on all points. If I have to see curry do another shimmy I'll shoot him. Not shoot myself, that doesn't make any sense.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They win if they had Conley last night.
                *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  This is true, I think. I love Rubio as a person but man it was hard to watch him shoot last night. I was joking with the warrior fan sitting next to me that I was happy to let Boogie handle the ball and shoot threes as much as he wanted to and she said she was happy to let the Jazz point guard do the same.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    False. That means we don't have Favors. He was a beast last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      This is true, I think. I love Rubio as a person but man it was hard to watch him shoot last night. I was joking with the warrior fan sitting next to me that I was happy to let Boogie handle the ball and shoot threes as much as he wanted to and she said she was happy to let the Jazz point guard do the same.
                      That first quarter was rough for the whole team- Donovan, Jae, Rubio, all shooting like shit. I loved how they came out in the second half, but Curry correctly observed that the Warriors won the game in the first quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        False. That means we don't have Favors. He was a beast last night.
                        13 and 7 on 6-12 shooting. That would be hard to make up.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Yeah. Boogie is a fat piece of shit who would get his fat ass kicked by Jae. He also got absolutely shut the f*k down by Favors last night. And then he tried to score on Rudy one on one.

Comment

[color="purple"...
                            [/color]

Comment

They have become more hateable for sure with KD being a premadonna and Cousins being Cousins.

I still love watching Curry and Thompson though — don’t see myself rooting against those two unless they are playing the Jazz.

It’s becoming more clear that this Jazz team is #6. I really thought they would be beating Houston and Portland and almost everybody else these last few weeks but they can’t quite put it together against the better teams.

Comment

• Durant didn't really even try last night. He was guarding players he could stop with a mediocre effort. He scored 28 pts quietly and efficiently, usually shooting right over the top of a much shorter defender. He didn't have to work for his shots. On a lesser team he would be swarmed with multiple defenders. On the Warriors he can coast to 28 points and make the extra pass to hall of fame shooters for easy assists. Rebounds? Too much effort.

It's sad to watch a guy who could carry a franchise just coast his way through. The talent in the NBA is incredible right now. But the race for the title is a one-team snooze fest.

Comment

Working...
                                X