• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently we need backup centers really bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Apparently we need backup centers really bad
      The non-Rudy minutes made most of us punch the wall last year. Tony Bradley's a nice kid, but man please let's not get swatted on fast break dunks... Our B team really missed Favors on offense. He's fantastic in the pick and roll and his rim defense is great.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I guess we can stop worrying about Donavan Mitchell leaving because some Jazz fans were assholes to him on twitter.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          I guess we can stop worrying about Donavan Mitchell leaving because some Jazz fans were assholes to him on twitter.
          With the way players can force trades, you can’t ever fully remove that stuff from the equation. But you can’t worry about it either.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Ryan Smith purchases Jazz ownership from Gail Miller. Worth Noting in the Jazz thread. This is about as good of news for the long term aspects of the Jazz - that a fan could hope for.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...wner-utah-jazz

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Looking good tonight

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• so i guess the utah jazz are a pretty good basketball team. aaaaand since i just jinxed them, are we thinking .500 record in the next 20 games? or worse?
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• My son posted a funny snap showing the league standing and headlined it "Stop the Count!"

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    so i guess the utah jazz are a pretty good basketball team. aaaaand since i just jinxed them, are we thinking .500 record in the next 20 games? or worse?
                    I'd go with worse.

Jordan Clarkson has become one of my favorite Jazz players.

I also just absolutely love that he has a tattoo on his leg of AI stepping over Tyronn Lue
                    https://hoopshabit.com/2020/03/25/ut...clarksons-ink/
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

so i guess the utah jazz are a pretty good basketball team. aaaaand since i just jinxed them, are we thinking .500 record in the next 20 games? or worse?
                      How have they done against the other top teams in the league so far? Is the win column inflated because of who they've played?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

How have they done against the other top teams in the league so far? Is the win column inflated because of who they've played?
                        perhaps a little of both. they've won 12 out of 14 and in that stretch, have wins over the Clippers, Spurs, Bucks, Nuggets and Mavericks. But yeah, a lot of bad teams scattered in there too.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

perhaps a little of both. they've won 12 out of 14 and in that stretch, have wins over the Clippers, Spurs, Bucks, Nuggets and Mavericks. But yeah, a lot of bad teams scattered in there too.
                          Before the season they were said to have the 2nd hardest SOS in the league based on the full 1st half schedule. But the meat of that schedule is in mid-February. They play the @Pacers, Celtics, Bucks, 76ers, @Clips, @Clips, Hornets, Lakers, and @Heat in a period of 20 days. We'll know if this is real by the results of that stratch. Hopefully the team and the opponents are healthy and Covid-free so we can get a real read.

They pass the eye test and the advanced metrics look great.
                          Last edited by wapiti; 01-29-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• The thing to watch with this team is the volume of three point shots made-- they are excelling in that area as the league's best shooting team and seem to be crushing teams the same way the Warriors did a couple years ago. The best part is that we have Rudy and favors down in the paint if a team wants to play games and defend the perimeter.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              The thing to watch with this team is the volume of three point shots made-- they are excelling in that area as the league's best shooting team and seem to be crushing teams the same way the Warriors did a couple years ago. The best part is that we have Rudy and favors down in the paint if a team wants to play games and defend the perimeter.
                              WHich is exactly what Dallas tried to do two days ago. Gobert had 29 and the Jazz had no Favors. If teams want to hug our shooters we will PnR to death. Locke said the Jazz ran something like 90 PnRs against Dallas in the last game.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

WHich is exactly what Dallas tried to do two days ago. Gobert had 29 and the Jazz had no Favors. If teams want to hug our shooters we will PnR to death. Locke said the Jazz ran something like 90 PnRs against Dallas in the last game.
                                I hope this works on a team like the Lakers, with an elite defensive center and a giant guard/forward like LeBron... I think the three pointer will be there vs them.

Comment

Working...
                                X