Page 620 of 639 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620621622630 ... LastLast
Results 18,571 to 18,600 of 19168

Thread: "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Is there any Jazz fan (even if the salaries were the same) that would trade Spida straight up for Gordon Hayward?
    Yeah, but we could have had both? At least for a few minutes.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Nope. And he's embraced Utah way more than Gordon ever did. He's out here retweeting Coach Rose's espn contest thingy, rocking BYU and Utah gear, bigging up the locals. Winning the slam dunk contest. Such a lucky pick for us.
    For a rook he's doing a brilliant marketing job. It seems like he does enjoy it here. I freaking love the kid.

Jazz are pretty lucky to have Rudy and Mitchell as the stars of the team going forward. They need another major piece of course and continued development from Mitchell to ever hope to contend, but those two guys are a nice start.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Jazz are pretty lucky to have Rudy and Mitchell as the stars of the team going forward. They need another major piece of course and continued development from Mitchell to ever hope to contend, but those two guys are a nice start.
    I’m afraid it may very well take finding another diamond in the rough to establish this team as a real contender. Unfortunately, wooing superstars to this backwater has not gone so well to this point, a fantastic night life notwithstanding.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

that snyder ejection was something else.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Next.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Next.
    really was a good win last night. Rudy playing the best ball of his career. over the course of the season, he was better last year, but this 5-10 game stretch might be the best he's ever played.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

really was a good win last night. Rudy playing the best ball of his career. over the course of the season, he was better last year, but this 5-10 game stretch might be the best he's ever played.
    Quick, find a wooden object and knock on it.

He really is though. His hands are no longer a liability and he is physical. Oh, and he’s incredibly tall and long.

Payback’s a bitch, Oladipo. The Stifle Tower makes a huge difference.

Default "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Jazz win, but looking like 3 out of 4 other West teams in the playoff hunt are also going to win.

Jazz are 19-4 over their last 23 games. Incredible run, but they’re still sitting in a 3-way tie for 8th.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

This is getting very interesting and is most definitely fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    This is getting very interesting and is most definitely fun to watch.
    They've won 18 of 20 and still haven't moved up in seeding. That's insane.

Getting closer, though!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    They've won 18 of 20 and still haven't moved up in seeding. That's insane.

Getting closer, though!
    Somebody on the radio this morning was talking about upcoming games - mentioned that Utah has more home games remaining, which should balance some of that out.

For example, of their next 15 games, Nuggets and Clippers each have 10 on the road.
    Of their next 15 games, Jazz only have 6 road games.

We'll see what a difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Somebody on the radio this morning was talking about upcoming games - mentioned that Utah has more home games remaining, which should balance some of that out.

For example, of their next 15 games, Nuggets and Clippers each have 10 on the road.
    Of their next 15 games, Jazz only have 6 road games.

We'll see what a difference it makes.
    Those following this team know that more home games may not be a good thing. It didn't help that glass man Steph Curry rolled his ankle right as the Warriors were going to play a couple of the teams ahead of Utah.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Jazz win. Of course, so do the Clippers, Timberwolves, and Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Jazz win. Of course, so do the Clippers, Timberwolves, and Pelicans.
    But not the Nuggets!

On that note, umm, the Lakers are playing really well and the Jazz have them 2 times to end the season

keep waiting for the jazz to lose one of these so-called trap games. just when you think Rubio playing well is key to everything, he comes out, lays an egg, and they win by 30+.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

that was a fun little skirmish.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

that was a fun little skirmish.
    I’m trying to figure out what started it. There was no foul or foul called. Must have been some chippiness prior to the play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I’m trying to figure out what started it. There was no foul or foul called. Must have been some chippiness prior to the play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dudley thought Chriss might be hurt and was annoyed that the ref and rubio continued play so fast. That was Dudley's way of stopping the play. He admitted it was probably too much and accepted the flagrant 2.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

joe ingles is like a dad at a jr jazz game. love it.

When did the Kings learn to play basketball? Phew. By the way, I’m sure glad Dante Exum is back. We’ve needed a back up PG to miss at the rim, miss at the 3-pt line, and miss wide open shooters consistently.

10 games above .500.

This one had me nervous! This Jazz team is tough as nails and Snyder is building something pretty special. Incredible turnaround this season.

Nugget and Clippers finally losing is a good thing.

The Spurs have no good players — would be nice and a sign of how much they truly suck if they lose to the Warriors Junior Varsity team tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post

The Spurs have no good players — would be nice and a sign of how much they truly suck if they lose to the Warriors Junior Varsity team tonight.
    No such luck. The warriors have really let the Jazz down over the past couple weeks, with losses to the Blazers, T-Wolves, and Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post

They have a pretty tough remaining schedule. Wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the playoffs and break Pop's 20 year streak.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

LOL. Really Jazz? The Hawks again?

not a good loss.

Watching the replay against the depleted Warriors. I wasn't real stoked about the Ricky Rubio trade, but now I have to say that I really like him on the team. Don't need him to score, and he's a good defender and a very good ball handler and distributor. Not too used to that recently.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Watching the replay against the depleted Warriors. I wasn't real stoked about the Ricky Rubio trade, but now I have to say that I really like him on the team. Don't need him to score, and he's a good defender and a very good ball handler and distributor. Not too used to that recently.
    would be great if he did away with the bonehead turnovers he commits when trying to force it, but he’s been a nice addition