No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jazz have been great tonight — should be farther ahead.

The 22/24 FTs and big foul/FT disparity is the only thing keeping the Sixers in this.

Comment

• The Bucks game was one of the more fun games I've been at in a long time.

Bojan. He's good.

Comment

• Jazz survive a night where they shoot 23 percent from three. That is something that probably wouldn't have happened a year ago.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Jazz survive a night where they shoot 23 percent from three. That is something that probably wouldn't have happened a year ago.
          to get a win in a game where conley, donovan and bogey shoot a combined 1-17 from three, yeah, i'll take that.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            to get a win in a game where conley, donovan and bogey shoot a combined 1-17 from three, yeah, i'll take that.
            That's Rudy taking the bull by the horns like he has always wanted to. His offensive game has never looked more competent. (Damning with faint praise, I know...) Now if he could hit the broadside of a barn from the free throw line, we'd really be onto something...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I found Morant pretty insufferable as a college player, and he has picked up right where he left off.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Rrally looking forward to the games when Conley isn’t shooting below the Mendoza line. Those games are coming, right? Right?

Comment

Rrally looking forward to the games when Conley isn’t shooting below the Mendoza line. Those games are coming, right? Right?
                  definitely hard to beat good teams when they don't get any help from that spot.

also, i'm convinced the jazz defend giannis worse than any team in the league. he's ridiculous and is always going to get his (crazy how he basically doesn't have bad games), but when he plays the jazz it looks especially easy.

in the last four games against the Jazz, he's averaging 38.3. games of 43, 30, 30 and 50.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• If you could push the undo button on the Conley trade, would you? I think I’m ready to say I would.

Comment

• Well, The Jazz decided to play in the 3rd quarter...

On Conley... I keep wanting to give him more time but it just seems he is not the right fit for this team

Comment

• this team. smh
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Worst half of basketball I’ve ever seen the Jazz play. Absolutely embarrassing how bad it was. I love Mitchell but I think the offense needs to run through Bogey. Especially the last few minutes of games. However, when down by 40 at half, I guess it doesn’t really matter.
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

If you could push the undo button on the Conley trade, would you? I think I’m ready to say I would.

They did give up a lot for him, looking at it again. So you're saying the Jazz get back Allen, Crowder, Korver, and the picks they gave up and lose Conley?

Yeah - that looks like a bad trade right now.

But it seems like the Jazz have been a second half of the season team under Snyder. So I'm holding out hope that they get better as we get into Jan/Feb and things start to gel a little more.

Comment

• I would undo the trade only because i think they could have done better, but i'd rather have conley than they players (picks being the wildcard) they gave up for him.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                I would undo the trade only because i think they could have done better, but i'd rather have Conley than they players (picks being the wildcard) they gave up for him.
                                The players they gave up for Conley are replacement level bench pieces. The problem is now the bench is sub-replacement level and killing the team on a nightly basis. I keep seeing fans saying that we couldn't afford Favors due to the Conley contract. The reality is that Bojan is the replacement for Favors and that change was fine, at least offensively.

Conley was traded for Crowder/Allen/Korver but really replaced Rubio on the floor. I still think Conley will be an upgrade over Rubio over the course of the season but that's not a sure thing. Mudiay and Greene have been a downgrade from Crowder/Korver. Davis is much worse than Favors as a backup center.

Joe Ingles is having a terrible year thus far. He's only shooting 32% from 3 and his scoring is down 5 ppg. He's been a mess. Royce O'neale is playing increased minutes but his production is basically the same, so those minutes are not productive. Even Exum's numbers are way down compared to where he was when he actually played the last two years. There are just too many bad offensive players logging minutes.

Rudy and Mitchell are both basically tracking with their career production. I think most of us hoped Mitchell would take a leap this year but that hasn't happened. However, I don't think you can put the Jazz failure thus far on either of them, at least in comparing this year's team to last.

Snyder has his work cut out to get this team turned around. I also wouldn't be surprise to see the front office shake things up sooner than later to try and get some help for the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X