"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I never watched him at Duke, but only remember his "highlights" on ESPN throwing temper tantrums/getting thrown out of games.
    He totally has a punchable face.

Comment

• A marvelous work is about to come forth...
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I get what they’re trying to do here on defense, letting Harden get past them and then trailing to prevent the step back or crossover. But I’m not sure it’s going to work if they can’t defend both the corner 3 and the lob.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I get what they’re trying to do here on defense, letting Harden get past them and then trailing to prevent the step back or crossover. But I’m not sure it’s going to work if they can’t defend both the corner 3 and the lob.
          Yep the guy guarding him has to be a little more of a factor. You can’t just immediately let yourself get behind Harden as he drives to the hoop.

Comment

I get what they’re trying to do here on defense, letting Harden get past them and then trailing to prevent the step back or crossover. But I’m not sure it’s going to work if they can’t defend both the corner 3 and the lob.
            Not sure thats whats happening. I think they are trying very hard to make harden go to his right. But they are shading so hard to that side that Harden is going past the primary ball defender and to the hole with ease. They are changing it up this half, I think.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• truly a unique collection of some of the most hateable guys in the history of the league.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                truly a unique collection of some of the most hateable guys in the history of the league.
                Mitchell is pretty likable and Rubios weird hippy look, notwithstanding he has grown on me over the years. Stockton and Malone were way more hateable. Though Ingles and Crowder are doing their damnedest to reach that pinnacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  truly a unique collection of some of the most hateable guys in the history of the league.
                  IN a very rare occurrence, I fully endorse odd, I mean old, gregg's post.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Not sure thats whats happening. I think they are trying very hard to make harden go to his right. But they are shading so hard to that side that Harden is going past the primary ball defender and to the hole with ease. They are changing it up this half, I think.
                    Its exactly what’s happening. They are chasing him off the 3pt line. Of course they are going to force him to his weak hand when they do it. But their objective is to get him away from the 3pt line and make him score off the dribble or make the other players on the team make shots.

But as Cardiac pointed out, there has to be at least some disruption or he’ll just get a clear path and either and easy lay in or a wide open kick out.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Its exactly what’s happening. They are chasing him off the 3pt line. Of course they are going to force him to his weak hand when they do it. But their objective is to get him away from the 3pt line and make him score off the dribble or make the other players on the team make shots.

But as Cardiac pointed out, there has to be at least some disruption or he’ll just get a clear path and either and easy lay in or a wide open kick out.
                      Well, you are certainly right that it is what is happening. And honestly there isn't much difference, in effect, between what we are saying. But IMO They are not chasing him to the hole to avoid a step or pass back. I think they are chasing him because he blew past the primary ball defender. They aren't trying to make him go past them to the right side, they are trying to force him off the line and away from a shot and move him right, but his first step is too fast for Oneal or Mitchell or anyone else on the jazz except Exum, who is obviously out.

Houston is just a tough out for the Jazz. The real problem isnt Harden's offense, it was the lack of Jazz offense.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Well, you are certainly right that it is what is happening. And honestly there isn't much difference, in effect, between what we are saying. But IMO They are not chasing him to the hole to avoid a step or pass back. I think they are chasing him because he blew past the primary ball defender. They aren't trying to make him go past them to the right side, they are trying to force him off the line and away from a shot and move him right, but his first step is too fast for Oneal or Mitchell or anyone else on the jazz except Exum, who is obviously out.

Houston is just a tough out for the Jazz. The real problem isnt Harden's offense, it was the lack of Jazz offense.
                        I actually think the same strategy will be more effective in Utah, where Houston’s bench is less likely to contribute. And I almost wonder if this was an experiment to see how Houston dealt with it and if there’s another layer that can be added to make it more effective.

But Utah has been awful trying to play Harden straight up, so something outside the box was worth a shot. And yes, they aren’t going to be able to score in the 90s and win games this series.

Comment

• The Jazz might not be competitive in a single game this series, let alone win a game.

Comment

• Holy cow. The Jazz cannot hit open 3's. 1/14 in the first freaking quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Holy cow. The Jazz cannot hit open 3's. 1/14 in the first freaking quarter.
                              Horrible 3-point shooting and all those turnovers won’t get it done.

Houston is locked in on D and the Jazz look confused on D.

Comment

• I want to watch an enjoyable game. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X