"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Jae Crowder sucks. The guy is a head case, no wonder Lebron didn’t want him anymore.
    such a worthless guy out there tonight.

Comment

• That's more like it. This is the Thunder team we've come to know and resent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
        That's more like it. This is the Thunder team we've come to know and resent.
        Who are you and why are you here?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Carmelo jacking up wild 3s and a horrible defensive liability. Love it.
          i may have included in my prayers this sentence "I thank thee for Carmelo Anthony being led to Oklahoma City"

probably the third most useful player for the Jazz in this series.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            i may have included in my prayers this sentence "I thank thee for Carmelo Anthony being led to Oklahoma City"

probably the third most useful player for the Jazz in this series.

I told a friend on Sunday Carmelo would win this series for the Jazz. I was pissed as hell the day they announced his trade. Can't believe we gave up Kanter and a pick for this.

Comment

• I have a man crush on Donovan Mitchell.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I told a friend on Sunday Carmelo would win this series for the Jazz. I was pissed as hell the day they announced his trade. Can't believe we gave up Kanter and a pick for this.
                Honestly, he can only hurt any team he's on. A game here or there, he can help, but over the course of a season or playoff series, he's a net negative. At this point Donovan has to play him due to the chaos it would create to bench him, but in reality, he shouldn't be getting minutes.

And I'm the rare Jazz fan who has actually been a fan of Melo over the years.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  Honestly, he can only hurt any team he's on. A game here or there, he can help, but over the course of a season or playoff series, he's a net negative. At this point Donovan has to play him due to the chaos it would create to bench him, but in reality, he shouldn't be getting minutes.

And I'm the rare Jazz fan who has actually been a fan of Melo over the years.
                  His defense was was amusingly bad at times last night. APart from the jacked up threes, he had a couple of nice shots in the game, but his defense...yikes.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Can't believe we gave up Kanter and a pick for this.
                    That sounds like a country song. Too bad there aren’t any good C and W singers from Oklahoma.

Comment

• The Donovan hype is at defcon 2 right about now. There was a graphic showing that he's scored more in his first two playoff games than any other rookie in the last 50 years, beating out His Airness by 2 points. I think we're all collectively getting a little ahead of ourselves, but Donovan Mitchell is THAT GUY. Love that guy. It feels great to be a Jazz fan again for the first time since the hay day of D Will and Okur.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        The Donovan hype is at defcon 2 right about now. There was a graphic showing that he's scored more in his first two playoff games than any other rookie in the last 50 years, beating out His Airness by 2 points. I think we're all collectively getting a little ahead of ourselves, but Donovan Mitchell is THAT GUY. Love that guy. It feels great to be a Jazz fan again for the first time since the hay day of D Will and Okur.
                        Now we just have to somehow keep him happy enough to stay with us after his rookie contract is up. Clearly he'll be a max guy.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Now we just have to somehow keep him happy enough to stay with us after his rookie contract is up. Clearly he'll be a max guy.
                          supermax!!!
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Unless Mitchell really hates the Jazz and just signs the one year qualifying offer, it seems like they can keep him around for 8-9 seasons. IIRC, LeBron reached the middle ground with Cavs and signed a three year extension after his rookie contract. The Jazz didn't want to fully commit to Hayward after his rookie contract so they were only able to have him around for seven seasons.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Unless Mitchell really hates the Jazz and just signs the one year qualifying offer, it seems like they can keep him around for 8-9 seasons. IIRC, LeBron reached the middle ground with Cavs and signed a three year extension after his rookie contract. The Jazz didn't want to fully commit to Hayward after his rookie contract so they were only able to have him around for seven seasons.
                              But you can kind of see why with Hayward. I think the Jazz will be more than happy to give DM the supermax.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                But you can kind of see why with Hayward. I think the Jazz will be more than happy to give DM the supermax.
                                Absolutely, Hayward was not worth a max extension after his rookie contract. Even if his foot hadn't been turned completely backwards I wonder if he was worth what the Celtics gave him on his third contract -- not that the Jazz didn't try to do the same. During his 4th year, he shot around 41% and around 30% from 3.

DM is clearly worth a max extension. I can't wait to see what he looks like once he has a full offseason to improve even more.
                                Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 04-19-2018, 03:12 PM.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X