Page 643 of 646 FirstFirst ... 143543593633641642643644645 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,290 of 19374

Thread: "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That is incredible. Burks has been great off the bench. Korver can do one thing.
    At least it's the one thing that the Jazz really, really need?

Korver provides a good stabilizing veteran presence, playoff experience, and a shooting mentor/role model, which everybody on the team needs minus Jingles. Floor spacing with Korver and Joe on the floor at the same time should be fantastic. Donovan should be able to have his way with different configurations on the floor.

I love AB and think he had a lot of value off the bench and was superb in the playoffs last year-- a real elite athlete-- but I see the value in bringing Korver back.
    Last edited by Commando; 11-28-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I predict that tooblue will deem Korver the mvp of the Jazz
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    At least it's the one thing that the Jazz really, really need?

They have been pretty awful from three so far this year.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

worst part is wasting 11mm in expering contract to give up picks and for a 38 y guy who probably wont be in the league in1 .5 years

while i think they may have given up too much - ultimately the Jazz were desperate for shooting and they should be desperate for shooting. if it's broke you have to try to fix it and that is what they are doing with this move. as an AB fan, it sucks to lose him, but my hope is he will be given a better opportunity in Cleveland and that Korver continues to knock down threes at 45% as he's done for the last few years.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Jazz blow out the Spurs at home tonight, 137-105. Another huge score this year. Jazz make 20 threes, a new franchise record for makes. 61% from 3.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Fuck the NBA and fuck James Harden. Cry baby refs got their feel-bads hurt on Tuesday and tossed Rudy 2 min in tonight.
    Last edited by Blueintheface; 12-06-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Fuck the NBA and fuck James Harden. Cry baby refs got their feel-bads hurt on Tuesday and tossed Rudy 2 min in tonight.
    You really need the holy ghost back in your life.
    *Banned*

The foul on Rudy on the tip was....... I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    The foul on Rudy on the tip was....... I mean, come on.
    Seriously he didn’t even win the tip. Just let it go — no advantage gained.

Jazz win big. What's to complain about?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Jazz win big. What's to complain about?
    Hair loss.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

I hate Donovan’s game this year but I kinda like that he’s little more than a spectator to good team basketball. Win or lose tonight, the team is playing well without much from their stars.

I really would like him to pull his head out of his ass though.

Wow. Not the same Paul George we saw in last year’s playoffs. Good grief. Some atrocious defense but he’s unconscious.

NBA refereeing is worse than inept, it’s biased. Paul George gets hot so the Jazz can’t touch him. Westbrook earns his 6th with 6 to go but movie-goers wouldn’t want that sort of thing so they play on and hit a 3.

I really would like him to pull his head out of his ass though.
    Bump.

Brutal end of the third and brutal way to lose. Sigh.

Yeah. We dropped that one at the free throw line, and not necessarily b/c of Donovan. Jae whiffed on 2 free throws like a minute before. Donovan's extraordinary hustle put us in a position to pull that one down at the end- shame he couldn't ice it, but our D is making strides. Just waiting for the offense to catch up.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

This Jazz team can’t shoot the 3 and they can’t shoot FTs. These are the primary reasons they are a sub .500 team.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Frees and threes are killing them. Again.

44% from the free throw line, but a 12 point lead at half. Guess I'll take that.

A couple of road wins here thanks to strong second half surges.

I’m feeling better about the Jazz — they are 5th in point differential in the West and are tied for first place for road wins in the West at 12. I think they will probably end up in the 4/5 matchup in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    A couple of road wins here thanks to strong second half surges.

I’m feeling better about the Jazz — they are 5th in point differential in the West and are tied for first place for road wins in the West at 12. I think they will probably end up in the 4/5 matchup in the playoffs.
    I think they will be lucky to end up in the 7 seed. West is just too deep.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Kuzma 4 of 18. Lol.

That was a fun game. Thanks to O'neal and Mitchell getting hot from the perimeter, LA wasted most of the first half jacking up shots.

Mitchell seems to be fairly comfortable at the point.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Nice win by the Yazz tonight over Denver. Donovan in a good stretch and nice to have Rubio back.
    Last edited by falafel; 01-28-2019 at 10:13 AM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Njokic is a real bitch. ButtNuggetz play dirty. Gary Harris straight up kicked Rudy in the junk. He got called for an offensive foul, but that should have been flagrant 1, minimum.

Even though those teams are currently in the 7 and 2 spots, I don’t think that’s a very likely 1st round matchup. I see Denver landing in the 4-5 range and Utah around the 7-8.