No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch. Lost at the buzzer. Freaking Jerebko. Wow. That blows. Hate that loss.

Comment

• Boo!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Bad loss. They stopped running the offense and started jacking up 3s. Let GS right back into the game. Some terrible shots down the stretch. Mitchell was as bad as I’ve ever seen him in that 4th Q, and really hurt the Jazz. Settling for a 3 on that last possession instead of driving to the basket and either getting a shot at the rim or perhaps drawing a foul was a really poor decision.

Draymond Green is the biggest bitch in the league, but he straight ate the Jazz’s lunch in that second half.
        Last edited by Donuthole; 10-19-2018, 10:18 PM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That was a fun game to watch (and I felt that way even before the Jerebko tip). Until tonight, the Jazz were the only team with a winning record against GS over the past two years.

A member of our ward looks exactly like Ingles (if Joe shrunk by six inches and gained 30 lbs), and in PH meeting after a W/Jazz game he gets a lot of crap from us as Ingles always lights up GS.

Comment

• Fun game. Very loud. My ears are still ringing. The shit that Draymond says and does without repercussion from the terrified referees is laughable if it wasn’t blatantly against the rules.

Jazz lost this one though, plain and simple and Spida was just bad at times. He’s too good to be making the poor decisions that he’s making. I will say though, that second quarter was the craziest and most fun I’ve had at a game since Jordan’s infamous game. It was like watching heavyweight fighters just teeing off on each other. It felt like game 2 of the playoffs, not the season. Tough loss though.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• tough way to lose in a game where really only Ingles played really well - Exum in limited minutes as well. Mitchell and Burks absolutely stunk up the joint, Durant and Curry both had very good games for GS, yet you block out Jerebko, you walk away with a win.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• What a freaking brick fest for the Jazz tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  What a freaking brick fest for the Jazz tonight.
                  Yeah this is atrocious
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• What an ugly, ugly game. One of the things I noticed tonight is that every time Mitchell would make that quick first step and put his defender on his backside, which was one of his primary moves last season, Memphis would immediately bring somebody to front him meaning he had nowhere else to go and the backside defender would then either double him if he kept the ball and/or make a quick move to step into the passing lane to an open shooter on the perimeter. I’m not sure how you solve and Mitchell wasn’t either.

Another thought that occurred to me is that this is what the jazz would have looked like last year if Mitchell had not played so brilliantly. Without Mitchell to drive the offense the rest of the team looks quite pedestrian. Obviously their abysmal shooting made a huge difference, but mitchell is still the only guy who can create his own shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Worst game I've ever seen. Maybe. At one point during the first half of the 4th Q I think I accidentally hit the back button on the remote and got treated to five extra minutes of bricks before I noticed the same commentary and got caught back up. I have never seen a team this ice-cold. So annoying. On the bright side, Grayson Allen looks good, showed great instinct, and was able to perform (granted in extremely limited minutes) when nobody else could seem to hit the side of a barn w the ball.

Yeah, Donovan is having a hard time getting his mojo going this year and missed some annoying shots there in crunch time, but I was also annoyed with how many point-blank lay-ins Rudy missed. And how reticent the team seemed to make the extra pass when they were seemingly being smothered on defense. I gotta say this is 100% on the cold shooting as much as I'm tempted to put this on coaches. A scheme will only work if the shots go in.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Nice bounceback from the horrible loss to Memphis.

0-2 at home and 2-0 on the road. Weird.

Comment

• Mitchell looked very good in his most efficient game so far. 38-5-7 on 14-25 shooting.

The jazz benefited from CP nit being in. Houston offense was pretty bad tonight. Poor 3pt shooting and the only effective weapon was the harden/capela PnR. Once harden left with his injury (I think he had a severely bruised ego) Houston had nothing and jazz cakewalked to victory.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Mitchell looked very good in his most efficient game so far. 38-5-7 on 14-25 shooting.

The jazz benefited from CP nit being in. Houston offense was pretty bad tonight. Poor 3pt shooting and the only effective weapon was the harden/capela PnR. Once harden left with his injury (I think he had a severely bruised ego) Houston had nothing and jazz cakewalked to victory.

It's the shoes.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• this guy on jazzfanz.com posts comments from opposing teams message boards after jazz wins. i thought this one after the houston win was fairly entertaining:

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/quotes-...-finish.98196/
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                this guy on jazzfanz.com posts comments from opposing teams message boards after jazz wins. i thought this one after the houston win was fairly entertaining:

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/quotes-...-finish.98196/

Jingles gonna rustle my jimmies. I can feel it.
                                This Utah team won't make the playoffs, not this year..if we limit Donovan Mitchell from the paint.. an keep Joe ingles off the three that's a rap.
                                Snyder has to be a tweaker
                                Joe ingles dying for a cig
                                My Depression is back
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X