"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Woj confirmed that Dejan Milojevic has died. Only 46 years old. Sad situation and no way the game should be played tonight.
    Wow that's rough. Yeah I agree.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• That's awful.

Comment

• sad, but the whole bosnian genocide thing wasnt super cool
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

Good points. My biggest issue with the potential move from downtown to Draper is how it's being framed as a move to accommodate hockey as opposed to the point you made regarding availability/accessibility. Because availability/accessibility really isn't a big issue for a team that's essentially had 100% attendance since they moved to Utah and one of the few small-market NBA teams with accessible public rail transportation. Downtown SLC has enough problems already without having to figure out what to do with a massive empty fixture taking up an entire city block.
          Officially going after an NHL franchise.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50854407...-play-for-nhl-

The most likely place for the new arena is Draper. But would Ryan also want this to be the Jazz new home? My friends from SLC beleive the Jazz moving would spell doom for the franchise. They are really salty about it. I've even heard the the move would ensure players of color would refuse to come as they'd be forced to live in the white suburbs.

SEG's proposal includes a new arena for the potential NHL team at a site yet to be determined. SEG has had past conversations with The Point of the Mountain State Land Authority over a possible new arena on the old Utah State Prison site in Draper. Salt Lake City has also made it clear it would like to be home to any new arena.
          Smith, however, made it clear that his group is ready to welcome the NHL as early as the 2024-25 season. The Delta Center could be used as a temporary home for the franchise while the new arena is constructed.

The Jazz's longtime home, however, would not work permanently as an NHL arena. The hockey configuration has poor sightlines, poor lighting, and the capacity for NHL preseason games held at the arena have been under 10,000.

"While the Delta Center is ready to serve as an interim solution for an NHL team, Utah will need a new arena designed for professional and Olympic hockey," Smith said.

Salt Lake City has been named as the preferred host of the 2034 Winter Olympics by the International Olympic Committee. The new arena would serve as a host venue for those games.

Comment

• Most of the players of color live in the white suburbs. Downtown is my preference but the arena/Jazz/future hockey franchise would be just fine in Draper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              Most of the players of color live in the white suburbs. Downtown is my preference but the arena/Jazz/future hockey franchise would be just fine in Draper.
              Clarkson has been seen hanging out around Daybreak.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Post Malone, who probably qualifies as a person of color if we count tattoos, lives in Millcreek, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  Post Malone, who probably qualifies as a person of color if we count tattoos, lives in Millcreek, no?
                  I thought he lived in park city
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I thought he lived in park city
                    He lives in the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. The neighborhood is on the right about a half mile up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

He lives in the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. The neighborhood is on the right about a half mile up.
                      Oh dang I was thinking he lived in the boonies north of Ogden. That makes more sense.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                      X