Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Gruden wants to have John Beck's babies.
    A less tactful play-by-play man than Tiricoadcast would have asked where Gruden had his hand during the 3Q drive by Beck.

Good to hear him get praise, though. Parcells didn't give him a fair shake in Miami, and he's been the media whipping boy the last few months.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Well he responds by going 97 yards. Beck has to be the starter imo. Beck and Grossman seem too be equal in terms of game management. But Beck allows for so much more with the offense with his arm and feet.
      Yeah, people around here are going to end up making Sexy Rexy a martyr to the Shanahans...but Beck has a higher ceiling as a player and that is pretty obvious when you watch both players.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Yeah, people around here are going to end up making Sexy Rexy a martyr to the Shanahans...but Beck has a higher ceiling as a player and that is pretty obvious when you watch both players.
        It's obvious in the playcalling. How many naked boot PA passes did they call for Grossman? How often do they move the pocket for Grossman? How many shots downfield do they call for Grossman? How many yards has Grossman scrambled for?

Like I said, as far as game management and grasp of the Shannys' offense they're about equal IMO. I don't think Rex is any more of a leader than Beck is. And I am not sure the team responds to one better than the other aside from the way the Skins have been able to run with Beck under center. So couple that with Beck's arm and his feet and Kyle can open up the playbook a whole lot more than he can with Rex. Besides, Rex has started a number of games. You know what you have in him. Beck's only meaningful experience was on the worst team in the NFL in a horrible situation. It's tough to draw any conclusions from that. But you certainly can about Rex. He's a solid backup QB. That's what he is. And truthfully, that might be Beck's ceiling also. But his ceiling also might be much higher than that. Rex's ceiling is not.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• I don't think I saw Beck smile once last night. He doesn't seem happy at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            A less tactful play-by-play man than Tiricoadcast would have asked where Gruden had his hand during the 3Q drive by Beck.

Good to hear him get praise, though. Parcells didn't give him a fair shake in Miami, and he's been the media whipping boy the last few months.
            I think this has had a lasting effect on him, especially because he went to Bmore where Cam Cameron had landed. I'm afraid Parcells' opinion of Beck had a carryover effect, at least in the eyes of the media.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Ouch. Jarvis Jenkins out for the year with ACL tear.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Ouch. Jarvis Jenkins out for the year with ACL tear.
                That hurts...a lot, he showed a ton of promise...interestingly enough, he'll give us as much production on the sidelines in crutches as Haynesworth did last year in a full season of work. Boom.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  I don't think I saw Beck smile once last night. He doesn't seem happy at all.
                  He is a perfectionist. Missing Santana Moss on that 3rd down throw ruined his whole weekend.

Beck has an absolute whip still. On top of that the interception was not his fault in my opinion, he run a play action roll out with only one receiver on the route. The defense was in single coverage you throw that ball and hope that Stallworth can either beat his man or at least break up the play. Instead the DB out ran Stallworths old murdering ass.
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    He is a perfectionist. Missing Santana Moss on that 3rd down throw ruined his whole weekend.

Beck has an absolute whip still. On top of that the interception was not his fault in my opinion, he run a play action roll out with only one receiver on the route. The defense was in single coverage you throw that ball and hope that Stallworth can either beat his man or at least break up the play. Instead the DB out ran Stallworths old murdering ass.
                    Yeah. That was the wrong personnel for that play. They need to put Armstrong on that route as he's the guy with wheels. Donte is slow. And his double move fooled nobody.

You're right about the whip. Beck can throw a bullet. And on that pick, Beck was in the endzone and that ball was picked at their 45. That was 60 yards through the air more or less.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• I think so far they are about even on performance. Beck looked better throwing down field (which is not to say he looked great) and Rex seems to have better touch/command in the short to intermediate game. I'm not completely convinced that Rex's upside is fully known or that he is a "known quantity" as many people do. He has started three games in this system and looked pretty good. That said, I think we know what neighborhood is cap is in.

Beck's upside is unknown. I disagree at this moment that it is higher than Rex's. I hope that it is but I don't think there is objective evidence to base that conclusion on. What we have not seen, what we need to see, and the reason Beck should start, is how he develops over the first 4-5 games. He has almost no real game experience and none in this system so it is possible that we will see a learning curve where by game 5 he has made big strides. I don't think you can really anticipate Rex will get that much better. I don't know whether Beck will either but the Redskins should definitely find out.

Comment

You're right about the whip. Beck can throw a bullet. And on that pick, Beck was in the endzone and that ball was picked at their 45. That was 60 yards through the air more or less.
                        When he threw that I said "nice punt."

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                          I think so far they are about even on performance. Beck looked better throwing down field (which is not to say he looked great) and Rex seems to have better touch/command in the short to intermediate game. I'm not completely convinced that Rex's upside is fully known or that he is a "known quantity" as many people do. He has started three games in this system and looked pretty good. That said, I think we know what neighborhood is cap is in.

Beck's upside is unknown. I disagree at this moment that it is higher than Rex's. I hope that it is but I don't think there is objective evidence to base that conclusion on. What we have not seen, what we need to see, and the reason Beck should start, is how he develops over the first 4-5 games. He has almost no real game experience and none in this system so it is possible that we will see a learning curve where by game 5 he has made big strides. I don't think you can really anticipate Rex will get that much better. I don't know whether Beck will either but the Redskins should definitely find out.
                          The problem is, you know that Rex can get a lot worse than he's been playing.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Also, DeAngelo Hall sucks and what he is was on full display last night. He gets a pick 6 then follows it up with blow coverage on 3 and a mile then gets his ass whipped on a touchdown catch. Almost all the Redkins that I dislike from the last five years are off the roster now. Almost.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              I think so far they are about even on performance. Beck looked better throwing down field (which is not to say he looked great) and Rex seems to have better touch/command in the short to intermediate game. I'm not completely convinced that Rex's upside is fully known or that he is a "known quantity" as many people do. He has started three games in this system and looked pretty good. That said, I think we know what neighborhood is cap is in.

Rex has also had more time in this system. He was practicing it and backing up Schaub in Houston with it. That Beck has come in last August, grasped it and is challenging someone with a few years more experience is significant IMO.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Rex has also had more time in this system. He was practicing it and backing up Schaub in Houston with it. That Beck has come in last August, grasped it and is challenging someone with a few years more experience is significant IMO.
                                Exactly Rex was with Kyle Shanahan in Houston he knows the system very well.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X