Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official Redskins Thread

Kirk Cousins. Sheesh.

Wow. The Shannies looking pretty brilliant.

Don't mind me while I jump on the Redskins bandwagon. I'm happy that they're doing well. But my primary concern is for anyone to win the division besides the Giants. The Redskins look like the best team to do it.

RG3 Leads the league in passing, has rushed for 750 yards, Cousins comes in and they don't miss a beat. Mike and Kyle looking brilliant indeed.

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Don't mind me while I jump on the Redskins bandwagon. I'm happy that they're doing well. But my primary concern is for anyone to win the division besides the Giants. The Redskins look like the best team to do it.
    I sure hope so. It's nice to have meaningful football in December back in the nation's capital.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Next week will be interesting. People like Tony Dungy are saying the smart thing is to rest RGIII again next week. But having seen the press conference after the game, Griffin came out and said he disagreed with the decision though he understood it. You have to see it, but no smiles, not joking, completely humorless. He says all the right things, but you can see he is unhappy. Now Shanahan is going to do whatever the hell he wants, but if the young star thought he could play this week and gets held out again....could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    Next week will be interesting. People like Tony Dungy are saying the smart thing is to rest RGIII again next week. But having seen the press conference after the game, Griffin came out and said he disagreed with the decision though he understood it. You have to see it, but no smiles, not joking, completely humorless. He says all the right things, but you can see he is unhappy. Now Shanahan is going to do whatever the hell he wants, but if the young star thought he could play this week and gets held out again....could be interesting.
    He has a sprained knee and they rely upon that read option when he's QBing. Chances are he wouldn't be in top shape this week and Washington stood a better chance with Kirk Cousins given the fact it was difficult for Cleveland to prepare with no videotape. I think they need to bring RGIII back if he's above 75% for Philly however. Cousins doesn't have the element of surprise this week. In addition, they should leave things on a high note as it relates to Cousins. They can convert him into a high second round pick in the offseason, and they need draft picks after all the picks they traded away to acquire the pick to get RGIII in the first place. Just pick another QB in the fourth round again in the 2013 draft. Washington still needs a lot of guys either in the secondary or a significant pass coverage LB upgrade over London Fletcher.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. ďColorado is on a par with Oregon,Ē he said. ďUtah isnít even in the picture.Ē

Why is this POS not fired yet?? He went out on twitter after being suspended and defended his comments.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1220152

And now he has been pressured (by ESPN I am sure) to apologize which will probably help him keep his job.. I do not understand why they are being so lenient on this..

His apology:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1223667

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Why is this POS not fired yet?? He went out on twitter after being suspended and defended his comments.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1220152

And now he has been pressured (by ESPN I am sure) to apologize which will probably help him keep his job.. I do not understand why they are being so lenient on this..

His apology:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1223667
    Why would ESPN fire him for saying something controversial that they likely new about or even encouraged in pre-production meetings?

I don't agree with what Parker said at all and think he's an idiot. But he has a history of saying stupid things (coincidentally one of his biggest flubs involves the Redskins' other QB) and ESPN still hired him to be on a show where shock value and asinine positions is the norm. I don't think he should be fired over it.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Skins/Boys flexed to SNF, which means the skins will know if they can lose and still make the playoffs by the time the game kicks off. Would need Minnesota to lose vs. GB and Chicago to lose @ Detroit for that to be the case. I'd rather they just win it and remove all doubt.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

RGIII to the Pro-Bowl along with Trent Williams (LT) and Lorenzo Alexander (Special teams). Alfred Morris (RB) and London Fletcher (MLB) are alternates. London just never gets the love he deserves and yet on paper the difference between him and Ray Lewis is sacks. Otherwise, very similar career numbers.

Did I mention first rookie QB selected since Dan Marino in 1983?

How sweet it is!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post

How sweet it is!
    Seahawks about to be exposed.

Seahawks about to be exposed.
    It's a very interesting match up. I think Russell Wilson will see some looks that he hasn't seen before, and taking Seattle away from home will certainly help. Seattle has ended Washington's playoffs the last two times they've been in...here's hoping for some payback.

I think Seattle is going to win. Their defense and running game are pretty good, and that wins playoff games.

It'll be a great game.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.

Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.
    It should be simple with injured players who insist on playing - give them a short leash. Two series, no score, you yank the guy. Or you don't lead a TD drive before halftime, backup starts 2nd half. It's what should have happened with Griffin and what Bronco should have done with Riley.

Dumbass Rob Parker at it again..

http://thegrio.com/2013/01/07/espn-h...om-his-people/

ďIt was just a conversation thatís had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And thatís really what itís about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ĎWell Iím not black, Iím O.J.í So itís more about that, not about RGIII and whatís going on. Itís more about this thing that weíve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. Itís more about that.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    According to PFT, he's been fired.

They need to fire him. He's an idiot.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.

RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.
    They're saying a total reconstruction is required. Ugh.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...y-ready-opener

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

He's under the knife right now in Pensacola.
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.

6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.
    People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
    There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
    Last edited by UtahDan; 01-09-2013 at 05:49 AM.

There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
    Of the many things I've read on this, the one thing the docs seem to think he has going for him is his youth. I don't think we have to worry about him being rushed back and given that he's having the surgery today, he's got the most time season to season for a recovery.

Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.
    In James Andrews I have to trust.