Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Official Redskins Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Nice to see these people following my lead. First Obama and now Costas. I even think UD might have finally been convinced by me that the name of his favorite team is incredibly offensive.
    Of all of the race-based names in all of sports, I would think "Redskins" is the one with the most potential to offend. Amazing that they haven't changed it yet.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Nice to see these people following my lead. First Obama and now Costas. I even think UD might have finally been convinced by me that the name of his favorite team is incredibly offensive.
    Yes, as a part american indian the name "redskins" is somewhat offensive to me. I suggest they go with what our founding fathers used in the Declaration of Independence to describe "the inhabitants of our frontiers": "merciless Indian Savages". It seems fitting for our nation's capital football team.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I like Barrack Obama and want to help him if I can." -Orrin Hatch, on his support for Eric Holder's nomination.

These fans that are digging in their heels over this issue sound more and more ridiculous, refusing to acknowledge that the term is an anachronism and offensive.

I am trying to lead front the front on this issue and simply refer to the team by its scriptural name, the Washington Lamanites.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Washington Rdskins should drop the "Washington" from its name. It's embarrassing!
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar

Kirk Cousins to start on Sunday. Shanahan throwing the gauntlet down to Snyder to fire him (allegedly).
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar

Desean Jackson agrees to terms, will sign on Wed.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.