No announcement yet.

Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Seattle is going to win. Their defense and running game are pretty good, and that wins playoff games.

It'll be a great game.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.
        It should be simple with injured players who insist on playing - give them a short leash. Two series, no score, you yank the guy. Or you don't lead a TD drive before halftime, backup starts 2nd half. It's what should have happened with Griffin and what Bronco should have done with Riley.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Dumbass Rob Parker at it again..

http://thegrio.com/2013/01/07/espn-h...om-his-people/

“It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And that’s really what it’s about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ‘Well I’m not black, I’m O.J.’ So it’s more about that, not about RGIII and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing that we’ve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. It’s more about that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            According to PFT, he's been fired.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• They need to fire him. He's an idiot.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.

Comment

RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.
                  They're saying a total reconstruction is required. Ugh.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...y-ready-opener

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

He's under the knife right now in Pensacola.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.

Comment

6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.
                        People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
                          There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
                          Last edited by UtahDan; 01-09-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
                            Of the many things I've read on this, the one thing the docs seem to think he has going for him is his youth. I don't think we have to worry about him being rushed back and given that he's having the surgery today, he's got the most time season to season for a recovery.

Comment

• Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.
                                In James Andrews I have to trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X