Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Redskins Thread

It had to happen at some point. I'm sorry it had to be your team.

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    It had to happen at some point. I'm sorry it had to be your team.
    I can't speak for Drum, but at this point the sooner we put the final nail in the coffin of the Jim Zorn/Vinny Cerrato/Clinton Portis/Jason Campbell era the better. Our franchise is a disaster and really the entire front office needs to be replaced and then Danny boy needs to stay the hell out of it. He is not even as good as an Al Davis or Jerry Jones because at least those two were once football guys.

That is probably too much to hope for, but the worse we do this season the more the public outcry will be for that, and while the Redskin fan has been a sucker for years and bought and bought not matter what, there is a lot of talk that in terms of ticket sales and other sales that is turning the corner this year. Snyder does understand his bottom line and has been a genius in squeezing money out of this team. I really think, and hope, that we are bad enough that there will be no room to say that we are this coach or that player away. It needs to be clear that (just as happened in Detriot) the franchise was run into the ground over 10+ years and the whole approach needs to change.

Comment

I would not at all be surprised if Zorn is fired on Monday morning...and I don't think that would be an overreaction. While the Redskins are not the cream of the NFC East crop, they are good enough to beat the Lions and compete for a wild card spot. After this loss, I can't see them winning more than 5 games this season. Hopefully, that'll be good enough for a top 5 pick...for whatever that is worth.

I'll be interested to see who they go after. I think this team needs a Cower or Gruden, but we'll probably get a Shannahan or Holmgren. Hell, I'd even settle for Herm Edwards, he'd be entertaining and not douchy like Zorn is.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I will always love Zorn for his hip-hip hooray cheer last season.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I will always love Zorn for his hip-hip hooray cheer last season.
          That is wher he peaked, Kind of like Crowton's 12-2 season.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
            I would not at all be surprised if Zorn is fired on Monday morning...and I don't think that would be an overreaction. While the Redskins are not the cream of the NFC East crop, they are good enough to beat the Lions and compete for a wild card spot. After this loss, I can't see them winning more than 5 games this season. Hopefully, that'll be good enough for a top 5 pick...for whatever that is worth.

I'll be interested to see who they go after. I think this team needs a Cower or Gruden, but we'll probably get a Shannahan or Holmgren. Hell, I'd even settle for Herm Edwards, he'd be entertaining and not douchy like Zorn is.
            It will be interesting to see. When you go look at the box score from any of the games, the last two at least, they are moving the ball and gained around 400 yards in each game. That should flat out translate to more points. I don't think I am deluding myself, I really believe this is a team that should be better than they are because of the talent they have.

I don't know how firing Zorn this week helps though, just solidifies Snyder's image as impatient. If they win their next 7-8 games (not likely) things will look different. Whatever he does, it should be at the end of the year unless it looks like, by mid year, the team has given up.

Comment

You lost to Kansas City. YOU LOST TO 0-AND-FREAKING-5 KANSAS CITY!!

Is St. Louis on the schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                You lost to Kansas City. YOU LOST TO 0-AND-FREAKING-5 KANSAS CITY!!

Is St. Louis on the schedule?
                Smashed the Rams 9-7 thank you very much.

Kind of nice to see the Eagles lose to the Raiders. Misery loves company.

Comment

I feel bad that your team is so bad, but I am excited to listen to Czaban tomorrow.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

This is a good thing, as I have been telling Drum. The whole organization needs to be thrown on the scrap heap and the ego of the owner isn't going to allow that to happen unless he is made to face reality. Maybe he won't ever face reality, but the worse we are and the angrier the fans are, the more likely it becomes. This is a problem ten years in the making and we need to fire not just the coach, but the "VP of operations" and hire a general manager as well as a new coach. When that happens, half the team will be gone within two years.

This is all you can hope for as a skins fan.

Comment

From Wilbon:

This season really is over for the Redskins; I think for the first time in 29-plus years living in greater Washington, D.C., I feel sorry for the team's fans (to one of whom I'm married). I've never seen so many of them looking so droopy and depressed than Sunday night following the pathetic loss to the Chiefs. It's not just that the locals are 2-4, it's that they look so beyond help, perhaps even in this moment beyond hope.

Comment

Word on the street is that the 'Skins signed Quinton Ganther today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                          Word on the street is that the 'Skins signed Quinton Ganther today.
                          That is true and the local radio guys are none to happy about it, mostly because the Skins cut a home-town-hero to bring him in.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            I can't speak for Drum, but at this point the sooner we put the final nail in the coffin of the Jim Zorn/Vinny Cerrato/Clinton Portis/Jason Campbell era the better. Our franchise is a disaster and really the entire front office needs to be replaced and then Danny boy needs to stay the hell out of it. He is not even as good as an Al Davis or Jerry Jones because at least those two were once football guys.
                            The big news in Washington this morning is that Vinny Cerrato has resigned. This is huge because Vinny has been Dan Synder's stooge in some form ever since he bought the team, with the exception of the 2001 season when Marty Schottenheimer was in charge. That he is now out hopefully, hopefully, signals that a new era is beginning where Dan Synder lets someone else run his franchise. Interesting also is the timing which leads one to believe that at a minimum a new team president/general manager is going to be announced soon. I don't think you do that without someone in hand. Most of the talk has centered on Holmgren and Shannahan.

Back to my list, this certainly means that Zorn is gone notwithstanding the fact that the teams has actually looked pretty good the last few wee. Clinton Portis the tortoise is on IR and speculation is that he won't be back, meanwhile Quinton Ganther is making a strong case to have a significant role at that position next year. He will likely get a new contract and RB will be him, Ladell Betts and maybe a middle round draft pick.

The only wish on my list that Santa has not brought is getting rid of Campbell, and I'm not actually wishing for that at this point. He has looked very good over the last few weeks and I don't think he is the problem.

Anyway, joy and rejoicing in Washing today, for fans who sorely need a reason to hope.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              The big news in Washington this morning is that Vinny Cerrato has resigned. This is huge because Vinny has been Dan Synder's stooge in some form ever since he bought the team, with the exception of the 2001 season when Marty Schottenheimer was in charge. That he is now out hopefully, hopefully, signals that a new era is beginning where Dan Synder lets someone else run his franchise. Interesting also is the timing which leads one to believe that at a minimum a new team president/general manager is going to be announced soon. I don't think you do that without someone in hand. Most of the talk has centered on Holmgren and Shannahan.

Back to my list, this certainly means that Zorn is gone notwithstanding the fact that the teams has actually looked pretty good the last few wee. Clinton Portis the tortoise is on IR and speculation is that he won't be back, meanwhile Quinton Ganther is making a strong case to have a significant role at that position next year. He will likely get a new contract and RB will be him, Ladell Betts and maybe a middle round draft pick.

The only wish on my list that Santa has not brought is getting rid of Campbell, and I'm not actually wishing for that at this point. He has looked very good over the last few weeks and I don't think he is the problem.

Anyway, joy and rejoicing in Washing today, for fans who sorely need a reason to hope.
                              Yeah I woke up and saw this on the sportscenter ticker. I am sure there is plenty of rejoicing in DC today. This is good news for Skins fans. If they have Shanahan or Holmgren in hand that is something. But man, I just don't see that marriage with Snyder lasting long. Both of those guys will want full control and I just don't think that happens with Snyder. See Shanahan in Oakland for an example. Then the last thing you want is him getting fired and going to someone like the Cowboys and kick your ass twice a year for the next decade.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X