Real Housewives of Salt Lake City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Housewives of Salt Lake City

How is there not a thread on this yet? This show is the definition of trash, but the kind of train wreck that's difficult to turn away from after taking a peak. The cast is truly insane ... I have no idea how these people function in the real world:

Whitney Rose: Whitney is truly a piece of work. The ex-wife of former BYU basketball player Sam Burgess, who had an affair with and ultimately married Dave Rose's brother when he was the President of Nuskin. Claims to be a descendant of "Mormon Royalty" but is now excommunicated and rabidly anti-Mormon. Her dad, Steve (pictured below), is a recovering drug addict that apparently made millions from a hair school and salon. Picks a fight with another housewife that apparently donated enough tequila for 500 people for her wedding (held in the basement of what appears to be a Daybreak McMansion) because the bartenders that apparently came with the tequila got too drunk and broke some glasses. Realized that she wasn't cut out to be a Mormon after deciding to forgo a 3-week vacation in Maui while in high scool in favor of a 3-week Church history tour, only to come back and mess around with her boyfriend and drink beer the night after the trip. Really likes stripper poles.

whitney-rose-dad-steve-on-rhoslc-what-to-know-about-his-addiction.jpg

Lisa Barlow: Her and her husband live in Draper and own a luxury marketing company and tequila brand. Claims to be "Mormon 2.0" ... which apparently means Mormon-in-name-only. Gifted Whitney enough tequila for 500 people for her wedding, then threatened to spread rumors that Whitney and her husband (Dave Rose's brother) were swingers after Whitney complained about some drunk bartenders that broke some glasses.

Mary Crosby: Mary's grandmother, Mama Crosby, founded a Pentecostal church in Salt Lake City in the 1960s ... which apparently earned her millions of dollars. When Mary's grandmother died, she dictated in her will that Mary marry her grandfather (Mama's husband) as a condition of inheriting the church and the millions that went along with it. Mary obliged and married her grandfather and the happy couple now have a 17 years old son that they want to send to boarding school in L.A. to get him away from his new girlfriend. Mary's mother sued her step-father (Mary's grandfather and husband) for mismanagement of Mama's estate, causing a schism in Mama's church. Mary is very sensitive to hospital smells.

Jen Shah: Jen is the wife of Sherrieff Shah, Cornerbacks Coach and Special Teams Coordinator at the University of Utah. Jen grew up in Salt Lake City as a Mormon, but allegedly converted to Islam (although you wouldn't know it from watching the show) after marrying Coach Shah (who is also Muslim). Jen's aunt or cousin or someone had to have both legs amputated. Thus, as you would expect, Jen was deeply offended when her former best friend Mary Crosby (who married and had a son with her grandfather) told her she smelled like a hospital one time after Jen was visiting her amputee aunt (or cousin or something). Mary is now Jen's mortal enemy and anyone that dares to speak to Mary is also her mortal enemy. Likes to flash her lady parts to Meredith Mark's gay son (like any good Muslim woman would), who was deeply offended and forbade his mom from ever seeing Jen again.

Heather Gay: Heather is a divorcee who was formerly married to "Mormon Royalty." She grew up as a devout Mormon, but now considers herself only "Mormonish" because Mormons apparently cannot be divorced. Owns a chain of day spas. Currently in a blood feud with Lisa Barlow, her former BYU roommate, because Lisa spread a rumor that Heather liked to flash her boobs while a BYU coed. That couldn't possible by true, in Heather's words, because everyone knows that it is literally impossible to graduate from BYU if you've ever flashed anyone.

Meredith Marks: The only seemingly half-way normal woman in the bunch (so far). Designs jewelry for celebrities and lives in Park City (while her husband lives in Chicago). Jewish (apparently one of only a handful in Utah). Jen Shah's former friend, and now mortal enemy because she declined an invitation to attend a sleepover at Jen's house in favor of spending time with her daughter and controlling gay son. Also Jen's mortal enemy because she went to Mary's church and dared to talk to her at a party.
    Last edited by UVACoug; 11-25-2020, 09:57 PM.

I probably won't watch but I most certainly will read your recaps.

You have my attention.

Comment

Watching these kind of shows is the 21st century version of people going to carnivals and gawking at freaks.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        Watching these kind of shows is the 21st century version of people going to carnivals and gawking at freaks.
        Except they do it 6 hours a day instead of an hour every two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Subscribed.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

We got a season pass for the show but didn't watch the first episode until last night. The show was more depressing than entertaining for us, as the shallowness and vapidity of everyone involved, though initially entertaining, became tiresome. I get the train wreck attraction, and I've certainly watched and enjoyed a lot of stupid programs, but I dislike reality TV generally and will pass on this (season pass cancelled!). BTW, are inflated lips a big thing in Utah? Pretty much everyone seems to have had hilariously bad lip jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              We got a season pass for the show but didn't watch the first episode until last night. The show was more depressing than entertaining for us, as the shallowness and vapidity of everyone involved, though initially entertaining, became tiresome. I get the train wreck attraction, and I've certainly watched and enjoyed a lot of stupid programs, but I dislike reality TV generally and will pass on this (season pass cancelled!). BTW, are inflated lips a big thing in Utah? Pretty much everyone seems to have had hilariously bad lip jobs.
              I also wonder about the lips. Just look at the general young women's president. It is a terrible look.

Comment

Before I subscribe I need to know, are the flashing lady parts uncensored?
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Also subscribed. please continue to post

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Before I subscribe I need to know, are the flashing lady parts uncensored?
                    No ... ewww

Comment

I will read this thread! Thanks UVAC.

Is there anything less attractive than bad cosmetic surgery: huge boobs, huge lips, etc. So gross!

Comment

I happen to know the owner of one of the restaurants where this is filmed - so it piqued my interest based on that alone.

Lisa Barlow's two sons have started their own hygiene product business and for every body wash/deodorant/whatever they sell, they donate one to kids in foster care - which is cool.

I haven't watched, because I'm not THAT interest. But I would go to the effort of reading any gossip here. Ha!

Comment

I’ll try to keep up with the updates. No new episode this week because of Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            I will read this thread! Thanks UVAC.

Is there anything less attractive than bad cosmetic surgery: huge boobs, huge lips, etc. So gross!
                            Agreed. Gross. Lots of attractive women ruin their attractiveness by going this route.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I agree that huge lips are gross; but boobs would have to be extremely huge before they approach gross territory in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X