Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Rumors

UFN had someone post a rumor that Ed Ogeron (sp) might be the next coach at UNLV. On a related note, through some sleuthing, I read another rumor that Steve Fairchild might be looking to Steve Kragthorpe to come in as his OC.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I'm hearing there's mutual interest between Houston Nutt and Kansas.

Also, Florida DC Charlie Strong will interview for the Louisville job.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      UFN had someone post a rumor that Ed Ogeron (sp) might be the next coach at UNLV. On a related note, through some sleuthing, I read another rumor that Steve Fairchild might be looking to Steve Kragthorpe to come in as his OC.
      I've heard that Jim Fassel might be the next UNLV coach
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

This is a very good hire for Louisville. Strong is long overdue for a HC job.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725530"]Source: Louisville board to be asked to approve Charlie Strong as coach - ESPN[/ame]
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Skip Holtz and Turner Gill are being mentioned for the Kansas job.

Comment

Cincinnati is requesting permission to speak with Houston's HC Kevin Sumlin.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Cincinnati is requesting permission to speak with Houston's HC Kevin Sumlin.
              I've kind of wondered why UNLV didn't make a run at him.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                I've kind of wondered why UNLV didn't make a run at him.
                Based on the rumored candidates for the UNLV job (essentially retreads), he didn't fit the bill. I'm also guessing they figured he's out of their price range.

Comment

Jim Harbaugh will accept the Kansas job.

Comment

Why?
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Why?
                      Two reasons: academics and the Big 12 North.

Comment

Wow. I'm really surprised. Bay area vs. Lawrence freaking Kansas? That doesn't appear to be a step up.

Okay, folks, get ready for the Bronco and KW to Stanford rumors.

Both would seem like they would easily fit the profiles of Stanford HC.

I'm sure they'll both be mentioned.

Comment

Two reasons: academics and the Big 12 North.
                          I don't know. I like what Pellini is doing in Nebraska. I thought if Harbaugh didn't go to ND then his next gig would be in the NFL. I think that's a bad career move.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Alabama's OC Jim McElwain interviewed for the SJSU job.

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/12/...celwain_h.html

Comment

Where are you getting this? I can't find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X