Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

This is the thread to share your interesting anecdotes about 19 year old females going on missions. Nubile Twitter feeds, friends in bishoprics passing along inside info, young relatives making appointments in the middle conference....please share any and all information here in this thread.

This thread will help us answer once and for all: will lowering the mission age to 19 result in MORE females serving missions.

Thank you for your participation!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Is more "senior companions" really what the young bachelors of our Church need?
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

My 17 year old sister ran out to her car the minute she heard the announcement and returned 20 minutes later with a stack of books from the distribution center in Orem, including Preach My Gospel. She has decided to not apply to BYU Hawaii, but to BYU Provo and leave the moment she turns 19.

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
        My 17 year old sister ran out to her car the minute she heard the announcement and returned 20 minutes later with a stack of books from the distribution center in Orem, including Preach My Gospel. She has decided to not apply to BYU Hawaii, but to BYU Provo and leave the moment she turns 19.
        There is no such thing as BYU-Provo. Your sister has a lot to learn.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          There is no such thing as BYU-Provo. Your sister has a lot to learn.
          Haha. I didn't know this was a faux pas. Ahem. "The BYU."

Comment

Haha. I didn't know this was a faux pas. Ahem. "The BYU."

"BYU" is just fine.

"The Y" is also acceptable, especially if you are on Social Security.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Thank you. This is exactly the kind of input I was hoping for when I started this thread.

sigpic

Comment

Is "femals" some sort of reference I don't understand?

Comment

TK2 says she will serve now. "just makes sense Dad".

Comment

Sister in law says she's going.

Comment

SIL called the bishop today and setup an interview. She's not coming back next summer. God answers prayers.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        SIL called the bishop today and setup an interview. She's not coming back next summer. God answers prayers.
                        Do you get to keep the scooter?

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Not that, sickos.

Comment

Anecdotes from the Addison household:

Anecdote 1:

My wife said "Oh, man, I wish it had been 19 when I was that age. I definitely would have gone". (Passive aggressive way of saying "instead of marrying you").

Anecdote 2:

Wife: So, [17 year old daughter], are you going to go on a mission now?"
                            17 Year Old Daughter: "No"

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                              Is "femals" some sort of reference I don't understand?
                              You seem to be answering your own question.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X