2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Sumlin out at aTm. No real word on a replacement yet.

Mullen to Florida

Graham out at ASU (weird, do they think they can do better?)

Bielema out at Arkansas (I hate him so happy he got fired)

Greg Schiano to Tennessee...maybe....
    Last edited by Moliere; 11-26-2017, 01:32 PM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Mullen to Florida

Also there was a report that Osborne called Frost and told him it's time to come home. I seriously doubt he did that, but the sentiment is true. It's time.

Comment

Sumlin out at aTm. No real word on a replacement yet.

Mullen to Florida

Graham out at ASU (weird, do they think they can do better?)

Bielema out at Arkansas (I hate him so happy he got fired)

Greg Schiano to Tennessee...maybe....
      Rumors of Sumlin to ASU. That would be an upgrade for Sporky, methinks.

No word on Gary Andersen's landing spot? Utah needs a d-line coach.

Comment

I kinda hope they hire Schiano just to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Chip Kelly to UCLA is a done deal, right? I'll be interested to see how that works out.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I kinda hope they hire Schiano just to see what happens.

Tennessee fans are idiots. (This statement may be redundant). Lane Kiffin ain't walking thru that door.

Comment

A very small group.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                Tennessee fans are idiots. (This statement may be redundant). Lane Kiffin ain't walking thru that door.
                I think the protest is more over hiring someone involved in the PSU/Sandusky thing. Schiano knew of Sandusky’s abuse but didn’t seek to end it.

Comment

I think the protest is more over hiring someone involved in the PSU/Sandusky thing. Schiano knew of Sandusky’s abuse but didn’t seek to end it.
                  Yes. I don’t blame Tennessee fans one bit.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Jimbo Fisher to aTm

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Jimbo Fisher to aTm
                      Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Oh, I didn't know that about Schiano. With that knowledge, I reverse my position and say kudos to the bright fans in Knoxville.

Comment

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
                          "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Jimbo Fisher to aTm
                            Gig ‘em

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              The connection between Schiano and Sandusky's abuse is basically non-existent. From USA Today:

Schiano’s alleged involvement in the Jerry Sandusky scandal is laughably thin. In a 2015 deposition of former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary, he said that he had “briefly” spoken with former Penn State assistant Tom Bradley about rape allegations involving Sandusky.

McQueary went on to say that Bradley had told him another assistant — purported to be Schiano, who had left Penn State nine years before McQueary started there — had once claimed to see Sandusky doing something inappropriate, a claim Schiano and Bradley both denied.

So, in other words, a non-specific claim based on third-hand hearsay that was never followed up on or investigated by prosecutors in the case is literally Schiano’s only connection to the Sandusky case — and it allegedly happened when he was a low-level staffer just starting out in the business.
                              It's pretty thin for anyone to claim that Schiano was involved and downright irresponsible to claim he had knowledge and covered it up.

EDIT: I'm not saying Moliere and Lebowski are making such claims; rather, they are likely relaying claims made by others.
                              Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 11-26-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X