Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Given the amazing response to the Qatar thread, I thought I'd go ahead and start this one too. Assuming I'm still alive and straight by then, it'll be interesting to see how Russia deals with security across two continents.

Here's a link to the FIFA page: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/russia2018/
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Soccer is so boring that the most exciting thing is looking forward to the next big event?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

I tried to watch a premier league soccer game today. After 10 minutes I flipped over to an SEC basketball game, which I found more interesting.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Soccer is so boring that the most exciting thing is looking forward to the next big event?
        Interesting things surround us unless we allow our imperiousness to assume that one's particular predilections are universal.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

That shit hole has the Olympics and then World Cup? Wow.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            That shit hole has the Olympics and then World Cup? Wow.
            Same with Brazil, only reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Same with Brazil, only reversed.
              At least Brazil has monkeys in the streets and Viking. What does Russia have?
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                At least Brazil has monkeys in the streets and Viking. What does Russia have?
                Stray dogs in the streets and Cardiac's distant memories?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Stray dogs in the streets and Cardiac's distant memories?
                  If you had Nik's grandmother's cooking, maybe.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Important stepping stones towards 2018 in the coming days. Gold Cup knockout stage starts tomorrow with the quarterfinals against Cuba. Winning the cup would get us an automatic invite to the confederations cup in 2017 to play against the other federation champions.

Comment

Important stepping stones towards 2018 in the coming days. Gold Cup knockout stage starts tomorrow with the quarterfinals against Cuba. Winning the cup would get us an automatic invite to the confederations cup in 2017 to play against the other federation champions.
                      Pretty much walked through the group stage. Any team really a big threat?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Pretty much walked through the group stage. Any team really a big threat?
                        Not really. Even though Mexico kind of stumbled through group play, I expect it to be USAvMEX in the final. Trinidad and Jamaica scored as many points as us in group play but I think that has more to do with the quality of the lower tier teams in their groups than them actually being serious contenders. We shall see.

Comment

Cuba is not very good.

Comment

Cuba is not very good.
                            Lol. Half the team defected.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Costa Rica got screwed on a bogus penalty in the 122nd minute that sent Mexico to the semifinal.

Comment

Working...
                              X