Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a Vacation

I would like to encourage all of you to take a vacation from Mormonism.

Not a long vacation. Maybe 6 months.

If your life is worse 6 months later, then go back to Church. If your life is better, try an extended vacation from Mormonism. You may be surprised by what you find.

I implore you to exercise a particle of faith and do an experiment upon my words.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    I would like to encourage all of you to take a vacation from Mormonism.

Not a long vacation. Maybe 6 months.

If your life is worse 6 months later, then go back to Church. If your life is better, try an extended vacation from Mormonism. You may be surprised by what you find.

I implore you to exercise a particle of faith and do an experiment upon my words.

Good luck!
    Is starting threads on a chat board about Mormonism at 6:30 in the morning part of the extended vacation?

Comment

I rarely go to church when I'm on vacation. I still consider myself a Mormon during that period, though, so I'm not sure that counts.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        Is starting threads on a chat board about Mormonism at 6:30 in the morning part of the extended vacation?
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

This is a good idea! Let's talk vacations (even though I'm pretty sure we already have a dedicated vacation thread).

We didn't get to do much this year due to my wife being on bed rest and having a baby, but we did get to do a weekend in Houston and Dallas. Great Wolf Lodge was a huge hit with the kids. We are headed to California for Christmas, so that'll be a good time for sure.

Next year, new Orleans is on the agenda as well as a return to great Wolf Lodge.

Comment

I'm in Charleston this morning, about to take the family on a harbor cruise.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Charleston seems like a great vacation spot. Good choice

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Pleasepostphotos!

Comment

Our 2017 vacation plans are wide open. Toying with the idea of a Japan trip. Or Egypt/Israel.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

While the Lebowski's are in Egypt/Israel, we were thinking of heading up to Burley/Twin Falls and seeing the sights.

knew I should have followed in my cousin's footsteps and gone into welding!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      While the Lebowski's are in Egypt/Israel, we were thinking of heading up to Burley/Twin Falls and seeing the sights.

I said it's wide open!

We did Burley last summer. Not kidding either.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I said it's wide open!

I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

We loved our trip to London so much last year, that we're going there again in May. Next big trip after that will have to be Hawaii, and after that Germany (Bavaria)/Switzerland. We do need to throw New Orleans in the mix, and spend a few days there sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I said it's wide open!

We will be visiting the thriving metropolis of Burley later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              We will be visiting the thriving metropolis of Burley later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Lucky!

P.S. Byron Marchant, I apologize for turning your thread about vacations into a thread about Burley, Idaho.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                              X