Protecting Children Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting Children Training

Quandry. I took the mandatory training and it was reported in my records. But it says never take pictures of children without permission. Should I ask to be released from my ward photographer's job? Or just aim the camera away from arguably the only good looking parts of the ward?

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Quandry. I took the mandatory training and it was reported in my records. But it says never take pictures of children without permission. Should I ask to be released from my ward photographer's job? Or just aim the camera away from arguably the only good looking parts of the ward?
    Ward Photographer? That sounds like a made up calling. Ha!

When you arrive at any activities, just shout out "Anyone here who does NOT give me permission to take their photo, please raise your hand."

That should cover it.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying that I'm glad the Church is taking this step, but a 30 minute training is not super effective to meet the ultimate goal: abuse detection and prevention. But, it's a start.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I just did the "training" yesterday and I don't remember anything about taking photos of kids.

Does that mean that I should delete the photos that I have of our primary class?

We took one of the whole group then one of each of the kids. That reminds me that we don't have one of the new kid yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
          I just did the "training" yesterday and I don't remember anything about taking photos of kids.

Does that mean that I should delete the photos that I have of our primary class?

We took one of the whole group then one of each of the kids. That reminds me that we don't have one of the new kid yet.
          Yeah, you should delete them and make the ward photographer take them... They have to do something for their made-up calling.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

It was in there. Pay attention, man!

I did it yesterday too. Easy peasy.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              It was in there. Pay attention, man!

I did it yesterday too. Easy peasy.
              Seriously. I did mine Saturday night watching football, and I still remember that rule. Although, that may have something to do with the fact that I had to go through it three or four times because the first time, I only got through about half of it before one of my kids needed my attention and by the time I got back to it, it had reset and was demanding that I had to update my membership record. So I went through it, hoping it would work itself out but at the end it didn’t give me credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Pretty standard. For any event like youth conference, girls camp, scout camp, etc we have a photo release form with the other parental forms.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X