Site is Sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site is Sluggish

Anyone else having this issue? The last couple of days it seems the site has been crawling. It takes several seconds for pages on CUF to load. It just took 30 seconds for this page to load.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Me too. I wondered if it was just me.

Seems to load quickly this morning. If it gets sluggish again I will give the hosting company a call.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Same. I still have some hang ups this morning.

Comment

It slowed down again right after my post. I started a support ticket.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          It slowed down again right after my post. I started a support ticket.

It is off and on this morning. Really strange.

Comment

i timed out once or twice
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

That happened to me yesterday, but this morning it seems to be working fine.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

Perhaps you guys need to clean out your browser caches and stop surfing the pr0n.

Comment

Can someone give me some specific times (with your time zone) over the past couple of days when the site was particularly sluggish? They want to look at the logs to see if they can pin it down. Respond today if you can.

Thanks.

Comment

5:54pm MST (Timed out) and again at 5:58pm.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Can someone give me some specific times (with your time zone) over the past couple of days when the site was particularly sluggish? They want to look at the logs to see if they can pin it down. Respond today if you can.

Thanks.
                      This morning when I started this thread. It's really sporadic. I can hit 10 different threads or posts without an issue, but then it will hang up for 30 seconds or so.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Just timed out twice in a row on me. Once trying to open the thread on prayer. And again trying to post here.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Bad news...

Looks like we are running out of memory (RAM) on the server based on our allocation. We have a low-end (i.e., cheap) hosting plan. Next step is to upgrade to a Virtual Private Server (VPS). That will increase our monthly costs, but I don't think it will be a large increase. I am checking into it. It would be worth paying more money if we get better performance, IMO. I hate, hate, hate when it takes forever to load.

Comment

Bad news...

Looks like we are running out of memory (RAM) on the server based on our allocation. We have a low-end (i.e., cheap) hosting plan. Next step is to upgrade to a Virtual Private Server (VPS). That will increase our monthly costs, but I don't think it will be a large increase. I am checking into it. It would be worth paying more money if we get better performance, IMO. I hate, hate, hate when it takes forever to load.
                            maybe viking is having his 1337 h4x0r brother ddos cuf. viking, is this your doing?
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                              maybe viking is having his 1337 h4x0r brother ddos cuf. viking, is this your doing?
                              of course not. being able to hack is completely different from being a hacker. my brother, like me, is highly paranoid and totally law-abiding. there's zero chance he has anything to do with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X