Official Olympic Sports Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Olympic Sports Thread

I couldn't find a thread for general Olympic sports in general or Gymnastics specifically. I almost hate to start it off with this story....

It appears that Michigan State may soon find itself in the same legal situation as its B10 counterpart PSU. This is such a disheartening story. To realize this can happen to some (most?) of America's most recognizable and girls and young women, is so disheartening.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/tec...14/1042071001/

One of them said he had. That woman, who spoke to The News on condition of anonymity, was 14 then, and remembers knowing before the meeting they would be talking about Nassar.

“I remember feeling — finally a female would be an advocate for me, and tell my dad and my mom and I won’t have to tell them about this awkward thing,” said the woman, now 35, who has filed a civil lawsuit against Nassar and MSU. “Finally we’re going to get help, something will change and we won’t have to go back to him. But that wasn’t the case. Instead, I felt very shamed.”

Boyce also felt intimidated and humiliated, and remembers what Klages said about filing a report.

“She said, ‘I can file this, but there are going to be serious consequences for you and Nassar,’” Boyce said. “I said I didn’t want to get anyone in trouble.”
    Kovan reported the incident to the Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives, then the office that investigated sexual misconduct complaints under Title IX laws that bar discrimination on the basis of sex. The accuser also reported the abuse to the MSU police department in May 2014.

Kovan declined a request for comment through Laura Probyn, a spokeswoman for the MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Official Olympic Sports Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      It is incredible that the creep was able to do so much harm to so many young women. Unfortunately, he won't live to serve all of his years for which he is sentenced.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
      X