Old-time Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-time Candy

This is a great site where you can browse through candy by the decade of origin. For nostalgia's sake I always like to buy old-time candy. One of my favorite's is Clove gum.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/decades.htm

Cool site. Some of those things bring back a lot of memories. I remember having wax syrup straws once while on vacation, and my dad was raving about how he had them as a kid and hadn't seen them in years. It will be cool to order a bag and include them with his next birthday present.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I didn't realize red vines were from the 50's - cool site thanks

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

They actually have candy cigarettes! I used to get those as a kid.
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

No Abba Zabba
          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            No Abba Zabba
            your navigation skills are crap.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/1920s.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              your navigation skills are crap.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/1920s.htm
              Just my spelling. I did a search for Abba Zabba and got nothing. But apparently it is Abba-Zaba (only one b on the Zaba) so I missed it.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Its funny what passes as "old time candy" these days.

Hey guys, remember Air Heads?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Its funny what passes as "old time candy" these days.

Hey guys, remember Air Heads?
                  I think that definitely falls under "Candy you ate as a kid," but thanks anyway for interpreting the website name uber-literally. The url oldtimecandyplussomecandywhichisonlyacoupledecades old.com was probably already taken.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I wonder how many of these taste different than what you remember as a kid. My mom used to always talk about cow tales and how great they were. Then a few years ago we bought some and they were absolutely disgusting. Even she thought they were gross.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I think that definitely falls under "Candy you ate as a kid," but thanks anyway for interpreting the website name uber-literally. The url oldtimecandyplussomecandywhichisonlyacoupledecades old.com was probably already taken.
                      "Candy you ate as a kid" is a marketing line. And how else can you interpret "old time candy" than literally? This is supposed to be nostalgic candy, right? We can probably agree on that. The problem is, I'll bet the majority of the candy for sale on that website is still available in stores. Three Musketeers? Seriously?

I'll admit I don't see Cup o' Gold or Honees around, but Hersey's? Werthers?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        "Candy you ate as a kid" is a marketing line. And how else can you interpret "old time candy" than literally? This is supposed to be nostalgic candy, right? We can probably agree on that. The problem is, I'll bet the majority of the candy for sale on that website is still available in stores. Three Musketeers? Seriously?

I'll admit I don't see Cup o' Gold or Honees around, but Hersey's? Werthers?
                        You can still buy jacks, a top and string, or a yo-yo, but that doesn't mean they're not old-time toys or that they lack nostalgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          You can still buy jacks, a top and string, or a yo-yo, but that doesn't mean they're not old-time toys or that they lack nostalgia.
                          Exactly. I'm not buying those on some website and paying for shipping when I can get them at wal-mart for $.33.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No PB Max.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              I wonder how many of these taste different than what you remember as a kid. My mom used to always talk about cow tales and how great they were. Then a few years ago we bought some and they were absolutely disgusting. Even she thought they were gross.
                              circus peanuts fall under this category. parents who feed those to their kids should be ashamed.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X