Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Santorum (please, don't Google his last name) is the funniest not-Romney yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Santorum (please, don't Google his last name) is the funniest not-Romney yet

Santorum brings us full circle on the not-Romney silliness.

Based on virtually nothing the man has surged in Iowa and is pulling support from (apparently) a large number of Tea Partiers.

Thankfully, the circular firing squad continues and now Rick Perry has released this devastating hit on Santorum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zt6XCZz2X1Y

Hopefully this will be the last of the non-Romney threads. He's the only one who doesn't have his own, if I'm not mistaken.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
    Santorum brings us full circle on the not-Romney silliness.

Based on virtually nothing the man has surged in Iowa and is pulling support from (apparently) a large number of Tea Partiers.

Thankfully, the circular firing squad continues and now Rick Perry has released this devastating hit on Santorum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zt6XCZz2X1Y

Hopefully this will be the last of the non-Romney threads. He's the only one who doesn't have his own, if I'm not mistaken.
    So what's going on? Are the republicans generally concerned because Romney isn't very conservative? That's a fair criticism. He seems pretty neutral, not extreme enough for most tea partiers.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
      So what's going on? Are the republicans generally concerned because Romney isn't very conservative? That's a fair criticism. He seems pretty neutral, not extreme enough for most tea partiers.
      no, it's because he's Mormon. Apparently Santorum has received endorsements from some prominent Iowa evangelical preachers and this is driving his surge.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I think that is the main reason. The media has portrayed him as a not very conservative flip flopper for a long time. And this is Iowa. I wish we could just ignore Iowa.

Comment

I googled santorum. Yeah, don't google santorum.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            no, it's because he's Mormon. Apparently Santorum has received endorsements from some prominent Iowa evangelical preachers and this is driving his surge.
            Oh brother. So he's their Huckabee, so to speak? I love America... I think... I mean I hypothetically love America, but there are so many indefensibly stupid people affecting American politics that it's hard to care anymore or invest in the direction of the country.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              I could see that. The only thing more irrational than political preference is religious preference.

Comment

I could see that. The only thing more irrational than political preference is religious preference.
                I think it's a combination of factors

1. The Mormon thing definitely plays in Iowa - tried and tested by Huckabee in 2008.

2. The portrayal of Romney as a core-less flip-flopper who just poses on conservative issues. Some of this is Romney's own fault, some is the relentless harping of the media.....

But both are factors. There are plenty of people who oppose Romney for acceptable, non-religious reasons. But religion is definitely a big factor, esp in Iowa.
                Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

If a Santorum surge means more of Andy Samberg's Santorum impression, then I'm all for it.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I think I posted a video with this quote from Santorum in the GOP primary thread, but I can't find it. This is something he said within the last year regarding is presidential run:

"One of the things that I will talk about that no president has talked about before is I think the dangers of contraception in this country, the sexual liberty idea and many in the Christian faith have said, you know contraception is OK. It's not OK because it's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

Santorum continued: "They're supposed to be within marriage. They are supposed to be for purposes that are, yes, conjugal but also procreative, and that's the perfect way a sexual union should happen. When we take any part of that out, we diminish the act. If we take one part out, it's not for the purposes of procreation, it's not one of the reasons, then you diminish this very special bond between men and women. So, why can't you take other parts of that out? And then all of the sudden it becomes deconstructed to the point where it's simply pleasure, and that's certainly a part of it, and it's an important part, don't get me wrong. But there is a lot of things we do for pleasure and this is special and it needs to be seen as special."

"I know most presidents don't talk about those things, and maybe people don't want us to talk about those things. But I think it's important that you are who you are."
                    Santorum has made this part of his presidential campaign. We were discussing whether you vote for someone based on their religious beliefs. Well, no, I don't ever make a voting decision based on a candidates religion or even professed belief. But here, Santorum wants to take a Catholic teaching - birth control should not be used - and attempt to enforce the catholic teaching in some manner on the general public. Because he would enforce his personal religion belief (that I'm sure most Catholics don't even hold, even thought he Pope does) I am unwilling to vote for Santorum based on this fact that is related to his religion.

Rick Santorum is the worse anti-Romney candidate yet. No wonder Rick Perry isn't dropping out yet.
                    Last edited by Jacob; 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Thank you Dan Savage!
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

So the tea partiers are confirmed as exposed not as fiscal conservatives and libertarians but a new front for the same Christian right kooks that got us into these foreign wars, and want to abolish the judiciary, teach Creationism in science class, and end the King Holiday and hate gays.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          So the tea partiers are confirmed as exposed not as fiscal conservatives and libertarians but a new front for the same Christian right kooks that got us into these foreign wars, and want to abolish the judiciary, teach Creationism in science class, and end the King Holiday and hate gays.
                          exit poll information would say you are correct.
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Thank you Dan Savage!
                            huh.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                              huh.
                              trust me, you really don't want to know. In fact, your life will be better not knowing.
                              Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                              X