DeWalt v. Milwaukee v. Makita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt v. Milwaukee v. Makita

Cordless 18 v hammer drill/driver. Specs more or less the same. Price basically the same. Help me decide.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Milwuakee. The tool of the professional.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      Milwuakee. The tool of the professional.
      I'm actually leaning that way. I like the slimmer battery on the Milwaukee and Home Depot has a package deal right now where you get a cordless sawzall with the drill. The only thing I don't like about it is there's no front handle for hammer drilling.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
        I'm actually leaning that way. I like the slimmer battery on the Milwaukee and Home Depot has a package deal right now where you get a cordless sawzall with the drill. The only thing I don't like about it is there's no front handle for hammer drilling.
        How often are you going to be hammer drilling? 9 out of 10 people that use the hammer drill don't use the t-handle anyways. Don't let that deter you.
        I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

How often are you going to be hammer drilling? 9 out of 10 people that use the hammer drill don't use the t-handle anyways. Don't let that deter you.
          I do a fair amount. But I've also got a massive old bosch to handle those chores. Milwaukee it is.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

I know I am late, but I have owned the this Makita kit for 3 years now and it hasn't failed me. It replaced and add to a DeWalt kit that I had and I was less than impressed with. No experience with Milwaukee.

Comment

All of them make good products. I have most of the Makita tools in the kit listed above and they are very good. I have a Dewalt planer and a couple different sanders that are very good.

Comment

Went with Milwaukee, 18v lithium ion battery with a sawzall. Also picked up a 12 v impact driver.

They replaced two craftsman drills, 14 v and 18v.

I expect a 300% gain in productivity.

Edit: I guess it's technically a hackzall. Tomato, tomato.
                Last edited by landpoke; 04-03-2011, 11:26 AM.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

You will <3 the impact driver.
                  I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

I've only had it 3 days and I can already see that you're right. I still need the drill, but this is going to get much more use.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

I picked up the Makita impact driver for a big project, and the thing absolutely dominates. Screwing has never been so fun and easy.

Comment

Lowes has the 18v Bosch drill for $99. Cheapest I have seen by about $50. Comes with 2 batteries and a charger. Pretty sweet deal. Wish the impact driver was that cheap.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...5563-_-Primary
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

This deal is pretty sweet for anyone in the market. I have used this exact set and it worked great. Super light. $130 for drill, impact, flashlight, two batteries, and a charger. This is a great Christmas gift for someone.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V2BRM2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ie=UTF8&m=AF8EGQ3KRZQB6"]Amazon.com: Makita LCT300W 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-Piece Combo Kit: Northern Tool & Equipment@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WRQVO91zL.@@AMEPARAM@@41WRQVO91zL[/ame]
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            This deal is pretty sweet for anyone in the market. I have used this exact set and it worked great. Super light. $130 for drill, impact, flashlight, two batteries, and a charger. This is a great Christmas gift for someone.

Amazon.com: Makita LCT300W 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-Piece Combo Kit: Northern Tool & Equipment
                            That would match my 10.8v Makita set
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              Screwing has never been so fun and easy.
                              Sure beats doing it by hand.
                              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                              -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                              -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X