Ender's Game movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ender's Game movie

I'm surprised by the cast. I thought it might end up being a B list movie.

I've even heard of many of the kids!

http://www.endersansible.com/p/ender...ovie-cast.html

I will be watching.

Harrison Ford? wow! I can't believe this movie is finally being made. This was supposed to happen literally over 10 years ago. I think the casting looks great even though I have no idea if any of those kids can act.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Harrison Ford? wow! I can't believe this movie is finally being made. This was supposed to happen literally over 10 years ago. I think the casting looks great even though I have no idea if any of those kids can act.
      Ender is the kid from Hugo (haven't seen it, so I don't know if he was any good). Petra is the girl from True Grit (have seen that and she was great). Amber Breslin is another on that is good (Little Miss Sunshine).

Impressive cast, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Ender is the kid from Hugo (haven't seen it, so I don't know if he was any good). Petra is the girl from True Grit (have seen that and she was great). Amber Breslin is another on that is good (Little Miss Sunshine).

Impressive cast, actually.
        Very good cast. Embarrassingly enough I know most of those kids. Hooray for 11 year old daughters!
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Release date is set for November 1, 2013. No trailer that I can find yet.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ender...013-30344.html
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Not impressed.

Comment

I have to agree. That trailer is not going to do the movie any favors...
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

From the website http://www.if-sentinel.com
                  On the 'Thirds' page
                  Fifteen years have passed since the landmark decision by former Hegemon James van Laake to strengthen family units through a prescription on the maximum number of children per household. His famed “replacement, not multiplication” speech paved the way for worldwide ban on having three children.

How quickly we forget. Just a generation ago, nearly every major city was dealing with extreme overcrowding and resources allocation had become impossible. Stopping the population growth immediately helped secure precious resources for the war effort. “Times are still difficult, but we endure,” added I.F. Rationing Spokesman Reed Unger, “we know that we have made great progress and will never stop rising as a united people.”
                  I fear this will be just another Hollywood attempt to 'help save the world' instead of entertaining us.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

Not impressed.
                    Man you guys are tough critics.

Comment

I liked the preview. Nothing too amazing, but it's hard to watch a preview of a movie made from a book when one has created their own idea of what a movie should look like.

I look forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        I have to agree. That trailer is not going to do the movie any favors...
                        I don't know what people are expecting. It's not like the book is so awesome. I view it much in the same way I do Harry Potter; a compelling story with mediocre to adequate writing. It's a genre that can be difficult to adapt to the screen and it's not like Card gave them a whole lot to work with in the way of exciting dialogue. That it's not coming out this summer is telling enough. I think it will be about the same as the book, a solid B/B+.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          I don't know what people are expecting. It's not like the book is so awesome. I view it much in the same way I do Harry Potter; a compelling story with mediocre to adequate writing. It's a genre that can be difficult to adapt to the screen and it's not like Card gave them a whole lot to work with in the way of exciting dialogue. That it's not coming out this summer is telling enough. I think it will be about the same as the book, a solid B/B+.
                          Really? I thought the book was worlds better than Harry Potter. The cool part of the book for me was the battle room w the freeze ray and Ender's innovativeness under pressure, thinking outside the box, and strategic genius. Hopefully that translates to screen.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Really? I thought the book was worlds better than Harry Potter. The cool part of the book for me was the battle room w the freeze ray and Ender's innovativeness under pressure, thinking outside the box, and strategic genius. Hopefully that translates to screen.
                            it's the genre, that's all.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

As for the preview, it looks like they shoehorned all the action takes they could into a 30 second sequence of frantically paced smash cuts. That's just fine for the trailer, because this really isn't a sci-fi action thriller after all. It's a sci fi story/tragedy about military strategy w elements of suspense. This movie will live or die by the script and the acting/chemistry between the actors. Because they are basing the script on both Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, with plenty of material and dialogue to draw from, I am fairly confident that the dialogue will be adequate and that the actors involved will deliver it without pulling any Anakin Skywalker moments. I'm sure we'll see another Ender-centric trailer that is slower and teases the plot a bit as the release gets closer.

The CGI effects look to be industry standard, which is fine-whatever- as long as they aren't so shamefully bad that they distract from the movie. The bugger sequences do look pretty effective from what I can tell. It also looks on first glance like they've based art direction on some of the previously commissioned Ender's Game artwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X